Join now - be part of our community!

Customer Service Issues.

Customer Service Issues.

I’m truly shocked at the standard of Sony's Customer Service. I’m not usually one to complain however this has to be the worst experience I’ve had with a company ever.

In short the wrong product was sent, called to have it collected and refunded, didn’t collect and so called again and re-booked, didn’t collect again so called and they said that i didn’t have to return item and that they would refund it anyway (i asked her to repeat herself to make sure i didn’t mishear). Got rid of the thing as i was fed up of it taking up loads of space. No refund received and now they saying i need to return it, asked them to listen to the calls and get back to me, never did so started to e-mail, took a couple of weeks to get a response of "We will schedule a collection" even though i stated I didn’t have it, replied saying please read my complaint, i don’t have it and can you also provide a copy of the calls, just got a reply of "We will schedule a collection"

I don’t know what I have to do to get someone to actually listen/read! Have raised a dispute via PayPal as i paid via them, failing that i will be asking my credit card provider to reverse the transaction.

Full complaint to date:

MYSELF Complaint sent 1st Oct 14:40:
I placed an order for a DN1050 however received a DH550. I called on the
8th September to return it however as I would be on holiday the day of
collection i left it until i came back.
On the 17th September at 14:05 I called to arrange the refund and
collection, I was told the collection would be 22nd September, I took a day
off work to ensure someone would be in however no one turned up.
I called on 22nd September at 17:53 to confirm what was happening, I was
told that it would be picked up the next day so i took another day off
work.
On 23rd September no one came again so i called at 17:37, this time a lady
told me I didn’t have to return the item and that the refund will go through
in approx. 5 days, i asked her to repeat this along with the refund amount
as i didn’t quite believe it but she confirmed that was the case.
I have called today (1st Oct) at 14:16 to be told there isn’t even a refund
in progress and that he will arrange a collection, that is no longer
possible as I no longer have the AV Receiver as I was told I didn’t need to
return it.
The person i spoke to today made me feel like a liar which wasn't
appreciated.
Could you please listen to the calls listed above, all calls apart from the
8th Sept (which i don’t think you will need anyway) were made from
07500XXXXXX and my number is not withheld so should be easy to find.

MYSELF chaser sent on 8th October

Hi guys, I sent the below complaint on 1st Oct to which i received a auto
acknowledgement at 14:40 which stated i would receive a response within
24hrs. The person I spoke to on the phone last week also said they would
call me back within 1-5 days however that hasn't happened. If I still don't
hear from you by 15th October I will chase again however request a copy of
the recordings so I can also review the calls. If no response is received
from that unfortunately i will have to take it further as i am largely out
of pocket at the moment. (currently paid £444 for a product that should
have cost £200). I have gathered the evidence of phones calls if you
require this in addition to the times given below

*I didn’t chase on 15th as have been busy with work*

SONY 19th October 2015 (please note this is copy and pasted, they are Sony's grammar errors)

Dear Customer
 We apologize for the Delay to answer you back .Well Regarding your Case 00605742  about Returning your Item  to get Fully Refunded .we would love to let you know that we're ready to go ahead and Scdhule a collection date for you to pickup your item and get it back to our warehouse to get Refunded so we will wait for you Reply back .

MYSELF 19th October 2015

Thank you for replying however I don't believe you have read my complaint,
I was told I don't need to return the AV receiver and therefore I no longer
have it, could you please listen to the calls i listed and also send me a
copy of them so I can review.
As a reminder here is the complaint so far: *REMOVED AS YOU CAN SEE ABOVE*

SONY 22nd October 2015 (Again i copy and pasted from e-mail, looks like they either have a template setup like that or they copy and pasted from there own previous e-mail)

We apologize for the Delay to answer you back .Well Regarding your Case 00605742 about Returning your Item to get Fully Refunded .we would love to let you know that we're ready to go ahead and Schedule a collection date for you to pickup your item and get it back to our warehouse to get Refunded so we will wait for you Reply back .

MYSELF 22nd October 2015 (Not that I’m holding out any hope at all)

Could you please read my complaint before replying.

Looking forward to your response once my complaint has been read and understood and relevant actions taken.

The full email chain is below. *AS ABOVE*

Thanks for listening, any advise would be great!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

If you live in the UK have you contacted Citizen's Advice? I think you have some legal rights here and especially if you have telephone recordings. Do you have copies of any emails?

The Department Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR) states that under the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971, (as amended) it is an offence to demand payment for goods known to be unsolicited”. This basically means that if you have received items without previously requesting them, you cannot be billed for the items. You did not choose to enter into a contract with the seller to receive or pay for this item.

In your case you ordered something entirely different!

Unconditional Gift

The received unsolicited goods can therefore be retained as an unconditional gift. As the receiver, you have no obligation to pay for the goods or return them if they are unwanted. If the company does demand payment for the items, you can report them to your local Trading Standards Department. This regulation is in place to protect consumers from being sent unsolicited items and then having to face demand for payment.

information Source:

http://www.onlineshoppingrights.co.uk/legally-can-i-keep-second-laptop.html

All the best

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14