Join now - be part of our community!

De-lamination of camera screen

perce53
New

De-lamination of camera screen

The screen on my NEX5R camera de-laminated about 15 months after it was purchased from John Lewis.

It was returned to them and they sent it to Sony for assesment. It was subsequently returned with the coments that it had either been cleaned with an abrasive cleaner, or contaminated with sun-tan lotion. You are having a laugh !

What kind of idiot do you think I am ? The camera, other than the screen, is in absolutely perfect condition, and I`m being fobbed off with this sort of insulting nonsense !

This is the third Sony camera I`ve owned, and whilst the other two were faultless, this is most definitely the last Sony product I`ll ever buy.

There are plenty of examples on You Tube of complaints about this type of Sony screen, and yet, after a second attempt to get Sony to do the right thing & replace it, they refuse to acknowledge that there is a manufacturing fault, although they offered to replace it for £140.

How generous !

Well, believe me, there most certainly is a fault, and it isn`t a result of negligence on my part.

If this is the sort of `up-yours` customer service Sony & John Lewis are providing, my business is most definitely going elswhere in future.

0 REPLIES 0