Join now - be part of our community!

Delayed action to Freesat PVR

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jacklx

Delayed action to Freesat PVR

I'm never sure what a 'oard' is however here goes. My Freesat PVR is 10 years old, it is connected to my KD49XG7093 by HDMI, the problem exists irrespective of using HDMI ARC or non-ARC.

When playing back an HD recorded programme every time I press the PVR's R-C pause button there is a delay of approx 1-2 seconds before the pause actually happens. Similarly resumption of 'play' does not happen immediateley, a slight pause resulting in loss of some audio. Programmes recorded in SD pause and resume 'normally'.

I realise that Sony will tell me that this is a problem with the Humax, similarly if I made this problem known to Humax they wouldn't care. I have another repeatable problem with a Freeview PVR which they simply won't believe, or are insufficiently technically aware to realise it happens.

Never mind, I thought I'd post this in case anyone else out there is experiencing the same pause/resume irritation.

I will have to learn to live with this, in future I will use the Freeview PVR for HD recordings and the Freesat for SD whenever possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jacklx

Fortunately someone at Humax took interst in this problem. I was not fobbed off after all. I was asked to try a couple of possible 'fixes' including the inevitable restore to 'Factory Defaults' along with switching over the co-ax leads which is a bit fiddly, and unfortunately made no difference. Another suggestion was to get into the Humax settings and switch off the Dolby function. THIS WAS SUCCESSFUL, I can now pause and resume play without any delays.I have no idea why this should have made a difference.

It's a pity Sony take no interest in users who have peripherals attached to their their TV sets. Surely it's not abnotmal to use a recorder? It would be more understandable if perhaps Sony produced recorders to rival those produced by Humax. I recall buying a Sony Freeview recorder a few years ago, they were not available for long, I had to throw it away. It seems that Sony have gave up making recorders at this time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jacklx

'oard' should read 'board'.

I'm not sure why, but when posting this before I got error message, something about 'Java script' whatever that is. Fortunately I was able to click something to bring back the 'post' so I could have another go. Might be my slow keyboarding?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jack, unfortunately I don't have any experience with this myself, but in case you want to run it past support you can do so via the contact form here.

Hopefully some other community members can help you out with this.

profile.country.GB.title
jacklx

This is an automated email. Please don't reply to the sender of this
mail, and if you want to reply then please do so by visiting the Sony
Community.

You can respond

to the reply
You can accept the solution

to the reply

I was invited to respond to the reply. It is implied that to do this I
need to visit the Sony Community, however clicking the 'respond' brings
up a blank email. I guess someone will receive it.

OK I've submitted details to Sony support. I'll probably be fobbed off
with 'Your Freesat PVR is too old'.
Jack
profile.country.GB.title
jacklx

Fortunately someone at Humax took interst in this problem. I was not fobbed off after all. I was asked to try a couple of possible 'fixes' including the inevitable restore to 'Factory Defaults' along with switching over the co-ax leads which is a bit fiddly, and unfortunately made no difference. Another suggestion was to get into the Humax settings and switch off the Dolby function. THIS WAS SUCCESSFUL, I can now pause and resume play without any delays.I have no idea why this should have made a difference.

It's a pity Sony take no interest in users who have peripherals attached to their their TV sets. Surely it's not abnotmal to use a recorder? It would be more understandable if perhaps Sony produced recorders to rival those produced by Humax. I recall buying a Sony Freeview recorder a few years ago, they were not available for long, I had to throw it away. It seems that Sony have gave up making recorders at this time.