Join now - be part of our community!

Sony cash back a broken promise or deliberate sales con ?

malcolm2battle
Explorer

Sony cash back a broken promise or deliberate sales con ?

I recently bought the sony A6000 camera with a supposed £50 cash back jowever when I attempt to register for it i get an error message saying invalis serial number I have attempted to speak with Sony support with zero effect.. The Camera is a genuine UK IMPORT from WEX phtographic Norwich England ( not a back street shady importer ) the camera is clearly listed on THE sony PDF as being a model where a £50 cash back applies so why can't I register for it ? and why can I not get a sensible answer from SONY.  Really un-impressed with SONY. If I could take the Camera back and get a full refund I would. I like the camera but I honestly think SONY as a company are useless and have little concept of customer service or integrity,

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have escalated this to Sony Support in regards to this promotion.  Please ensure that your profile contact details are corrent.  Hopefully someone should contact you in due course.

Cheers

Defiitively a sales con.

Even the cash back web site where on is supposed to upload invoice and picture of the serial number does not work. I sent Sony a screen shot. No respond and no action. It seems this company is to damn greedy to just avoid paying back the cash back they are to prominently promote.

Or they are to arrogant and just don't care about customer service and relationship at all.

No wonder Sony is not doing that well all in all.

This kind of services lead to people ignoring Sony product in the future. I am really ***** of.

I wonder what the CEO would say if he only would know...spending tons of cash on branding and not understanding that a brand needs to be lived and fulfilled and sutomer relationship is a big part of it.

I wonder if I ever hear from anybody here and if somebody actually cares.

Lets see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think someone needs a hug from the Sony Carebear 

original.png

I have passed your complaint to Sony by escalating your post in the hopes that they can find out what is happening to your cashback claim.  Please ensurevthat you have the relevent contact details in your account profile.  Any feedback recieved, will be posted back to you here

Cheers