Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Outlet Store

SOLVED
mathann94
Explorer

Sony Outlet Store

Can any one tell me where the Sony outlet store for graded products has gone? Where can we get graded sony stuff now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

As part of our strategy to close our own online store (or via Call) which happened yesterday, the outlet store is also now closed for business.

Kindest regards

Nico 

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tweety2b

Hi,

As part of our strategy to close our own online store (or via Call) which happened yesterday, the outlet store is also now closed for business.

Kindest regards

Nico 

Nico Henderijckx
mathann94
Explorer

Why was there no notification about this (except in USA 2 months ago). As a Sony member, how am i going to order staff sales now. 

tweety2b

Hi,

Good question and something you should ask maybe via the proper channels (intranet/your management/HR etc...) not really a question for a public facing end user forum.

Cheers

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
ritomki98
New

Well I'm not a Sony staff member and I would like to know why we weren't informed of this. I looked at the site on Sunday evening & nearly went for a refurb'd A7Mk2 but thought I'd better "sleep on it" - now I can't get it.

Why on earth do you want to do this, where are the products you used to sell here going to be disposed of, is there a PlanB.

Oh - if there is be sure not to tell your loyal but very frustrated customers.

RT

Marshaj
New

The closure of the Outlet Store is both extremely disappointing and a surprise.  Please bring it back!

PhilK5
New

Astonished at the monumental stupidity of closing the outlet store. It's the kind of "executive" managerial idiocy of the level of "New Coke" decision. (Which almost destroyed Coca Cola)

Bring back the outlet store.

Not too bothered about the Online Stores, but the Outlet was another matter entirely

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sn3akr
Explorer

The decision to take down the Outlet Store seems like a decision not thought through. What happens to all the faulty units that was previously refurbished and sold through there? 

Did they become a part of Sony's new plan of adding to the immense moutains of electronic waste already being generated? (i sure hope Sony is more responsible than that)

Do the refurbish, repack and sell as new? (that's even worse than the other bad decision, not to mention illegal)

I actually liked the idea of the outlet being refurbished and repaired items, it showed that Sony took responsibility towards reducing the mountains of electronic waste. Why throw away 3 bad TV's if they can make 2 good ones.

I would like to hear what Sony's offial stand are on the sales or refurbished and repaired units. It's great that i can get provided with a link to where i can buy a completely new, but the statement completely negates any mention of refurbished, repaired and returned items, that are no longer allowed to be sold as new. What happens to those units Sony?

If we can't get a public reply from Sony, the conclusion would have to be that they have something to hide, if that's the case, i would have to assume, that the decison was made to say "Profit before responsibility" in which case i would propably have to reconsider future purchases.