Join now - be part of our community!

Cinema Pro video size

Benchcaz
Visitor

Cinema Pro video size

Hi,

I guess this is a feature request. Users like me, use anamorphic lenses (like the beastgrip or moondog labs) so we would like to have 2160p (or 4k fullframe) frame recording within the cinema pro app, without the 21:9 crop,  so that we can desqueeze our videos in post, to get our look.

Will Sony consider adding this feature, in an update?

Thanks!

Benchcaz

2 REPLIES 2
Lukalumen
Contributor

I agree. And also an option to shoot in 60p, to be able to slow down in post 2.5 times...

But what I need the most with the camera is a variable ND filter. Without the filter it's impossible to shoot filmic footage in daylight.

Other than those two things, the camera is awesome. I'll be shooting a short on it as proof of concept.

Benchcaz
Visitor

60fps would be very nice. Agreed. Hardware seems to be able to handle it, in theory. 

I installed filmicpro onto the 1, most features seem to work, however it is not recording in bt.2020 in the app. Which is what I need.  I have asked them (filmic) to see if they can get access to the bt.2020 options in the api to add to their app. That would be the best solution. I will end up with  2.76:1 with the cinema pro app using the anamorphic lens, cropping the sides down, after the dequeeze, if not. 

The focus on the x1 seems a little limited, from what I have seen so far. Actually, adding a 2x macro lens filter to the beastgrip rig (and with ND too, if needed), gets  better depth of field and still allows sharp focus in the near field.