Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 III Bluetooth issue after updating to Android 13

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

Xperia 1 III Bluetooth issue after updating to Android 13

Hello all.

After updating my Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC52) to Android 13, I've started to have a very annoying issue while making a phone call using my car's built-in infotaiment system via Bluetooth.

The issue is if I try to make a call using the infotaiment system, the phone usually do not start the call at all. Which forces me to take my phone and start the call from there, which could result on either, the call starts on the infotaiment system, or not start on the infotaiment system at all, and forcing me to use the phone speaker and hold the phone on my ear, which can be extremely dangerous while driving.

Also happens when someone calls me. The call could either start on the infotaiment system, or not.

Already tried re-pairing both devices and perform a factory reset of my phone, but nothing worked. Never had this issue on Android 11 or Android 12.

If this helps, the phone compilation is 61.2.A.0.382, and the infotaiment system is a NAC Wave2 system, which is built-in in Peugeot and Citroën cars.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, try the steps here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00232845 also, update your other devices. 

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

Hey!

Already tried what's described in the article, and all the devices are up to date. The issue still persists.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey MarioTheLombax, then it might be an issue within the car system itself, since the issue originated after the update of your phone, try contacting its support.

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

It might be. But it's quite weird that it started to happen right after the phone update. I should ask on the Peugeot forums and see if someone else is facing this weird issue. Thanks for your help! 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey all, try these steps on the Bluetooth app, hope it helps:

Settings> Apps> see all apps> 3 dots on top right corner> show system> Bluetooth> storage> clear cache> clear storage> one step back> force stop. Then restart your device and check again.

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

Hello again, thanks a lot for your reply

I followed the steps you mentioned, but had the same issue a few days ago. I must try again and see if the latest update fixes the issue.

Also, seems that turning off and then on the Bluetooth fixes it temporarily.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yes, a software update has been released recently, let us know how it will go after that one.