Join now - be part of our community!

Camera HDR Sony 5 ii

profile.country.GB.title
ForzaDan
Explorer

Camera HDR Sony 5 ii

• Hi why is HDR so poor on this camera it goes very dull the moment you click HDR It looks awful I can't even use it, looks way better without it on. Other issues is clearly low light and no night mode and banding with lights on. And before anyone says it's the lights my other Samsung phones don't react this way. I really hope Sony working on updates for this phone it's miles behind the competition. I've managed to take great shots in good light conditions but this phone has a lot of negatives. 
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @ForzaDan,

the banding is caused by the frame-rate and power frequency mismatch. If you go into the Cinema Pro app you can adjust the shutter angle manually and counter this issue.

The camera records in 24/30/60 or 120 fps and the power frequency in the UK is 50Hz.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
ForzaDan
Explorer

• Hi Nic, I tried that it makes no difference my two other Samsung Phones do not do this and I don't believe you should have to go into Pro settings to try counter this issue. As I've said I think the Auto mode in low light and HDR mode are terrible, why does it instantly go Dull looking? It doesn't look like any kind of HDR at all. The phone is capable of taking good photos but software is very poor compared to the competition. I am really hoping for updates for improvements.
profile.country.GB.title
ForzaDan
Explorer

Hi Nic, I tried that it makes no difference my two other Samsung Phones do not do this and I don't believe you should have to go into Pro settings to try counter this issue. As I've said I think the Auto mode in low light and HDR mode are terrible, why does it instantly go Dull looking? It doesn't look like any kind of HDR at all. The phone is capable of taking good photos but software is very poor compared to the competition. I am really hoping for updates for improvements.