Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

DeepShip
Visitor

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

I hold my xperia 5 on my left hand, and is a mission to register m y left hand finger, and when it does it just work like 50 of times.

Is this a phone quality issues or am I doing sth wrong?

62 REPLIES 62
profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

register the little finger

profile.country.GB.title
eddyesi
Explorer

I had one that didn't work, I deleted it and tried again, now works perfect.

DeepShip
Visitor

I was trying my nose. Neutral_Face

DeepShip
Visitor

Tried a few times, mine just not sensative, every time i ned to try a few times before the phone unlock. My right hand seems better, I wonder it it is the small finger print area.

profile.country.SE.title
zzcool
Explorer

the scanner on the 1 and 5 is pretty terrible i had no issue at all with the scanner on my xz1 where i just had my finger laying on it without even noticing it 99% of the time unlocks without me even noticing as i always have my finger resting there, i stopped using the scanner on the 5 because it's faster to just type in the pin

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

I've got Xperia 5 for week and fingerprint scanner was doing perfect for that time. It's slow that's the fact but it was reading my thumb every time till yesterday.... It's almost impossible to unlock my phone... Very frustrating. So I guess it needs to be an software issue

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try to register your primary fingerprint multiple times , then the rest twice.. that way it will cover all the angles of your prints.

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

I tried with multiple thumb registrations ... But for one week was working only with one thumb registration. But... On for example banking apps fingerprint is working always...

tomo100brt
Visitor

Yes, banking and eBay always work for me too on XPERIA 1. I thought I was wrong but now when you confirm this I think fingerprint sensor is fine.