Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi connection issues

profile.country.GB.title
eddyesi
Explorer

Wifi connection issues

I have got a new Xperia 5, and it doesnt seem to like my home WiFi. After maybe 30mins the connection shows fine, but web pages fail to load, or really slow. If I toggle WiFi off and on again it's fine for a bit , then it bugs out again. Soft restart also fixes it. Other devices are fine, and we have a good stable fiber connection. I had something similar on my xz1 which cleared after a firmware update, think may be the same again. Anyone else have similar?

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
russelljfkirk
Explorer

Have you had any resolution to this?

Just got a 5 II and, like my ZX2, it refuses to connect to a specific WiFi access point unless all encryption is removed from the Wifi SSID.

It does however connect to a different AP with the same SSID and pre-shared key. That would make you think its the AP, but there is a large range of devices connecting the Cisco small biz AP without issue. Sony support wants the device back for a hardware fix which clearly isn't the issue.

I'm painfully aware that Sony have more issues than most vendors with WiFi connectivity, I was foolish enough that it would be fixed on the 5 II.

Anyone had any success in resolving similar issues?

Russ

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

profile.country.GB.title
russelljfkirk
Explorer

Hi, all done and still does not connect. I can't help but think there is something not fully compliant with the standards in Sony's software as I have two devices that refuse to connect to this AP unless all encryption is turned off, and they are both Sony.

Allegedly now tie Sony second line support but getting to that stage wasn't easy.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Resetting the AP is sometimes the solution.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to check with your internet provider if they can adjust this from their side , like a work around for the device to be connected to the Wi-Fi eventually.

profile.country.GB.title
russelljfkirk
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the comment. If the same config then goes onto the AP what does this achieve?

From what I can see this seems to be an issue with Sony software negotiating TKIP vs AES encryption but I'm not a wireless guru.

profile.country.GB.title
russelljfkirk
Explorer

The ISP has no involvement with the AP so this wouldn't be of help, but thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to contact Sony support line for this matter ?

profile.country.GB.title
russelljfkirk
Explorer

Yes above, now with second-line software.