Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 gives people ehco on other end

drift79
Explorer

Xperia 5 gives people ehco on other end

It doesnt matter if i call anyone or they call me the person on the other end always gets an echo of there own voice but my end is fine. Gave the phone to virgin to repair and they can not find anything wrong with it anyone got any ideas????

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @drift79,

does this happen during normal phone calls or when you are using speaker-phone?

If it happens during normal calls - how loud do you have the earpiece set?

- Nic

drift79
Explorer

appens on all calls weather on speaker or on handset volume has been tryed at all different leves and still same issue

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @drift79,

could you re-create the issue yourself by letting someone else use your phone to call your landline/another mobile phone? I think that would be a good way to start to see when exactly it happens.

Usually smartphones (as well as the Xperia 5 - which I use as a daily driver) are engineered in a way that they cancel out the sound they themself emitt. Otherwise Speaker phone would be unusable, same goes for very loud handset calls.

I can tell you that it is not normal - at least from experience - therefore I assume it might be related to how the phone is held/angled during calls.

It though is almost impossible to judge what might be the reason, without being able to do extensive testing myself (which is not possible) - weird that the engineer didn't find anything when they had your phone.

I will try and see if I can get in touch with the Sony support so you might get a contact to let the phone be checked properly.

- Nic

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I assume the information on this site doesn't bring relief.

How is it in Safe Mode? The same?