Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 ii - Instagram draft issues

profile.country.GB.title
e.cresswell
New

Xperia 5 ii - Instagram draft issues

Hello, recently purchased an Xperia 5 ii, and I'm loving the phone, but experiencing issues with Instagram that I can't seem to get any help on. Any photos I edit but don't want to post right away aren't saved as drafts, even after selecting 'save as draft' when closing the edit. The drafts just don't show up. Anyone else seen this? It's really frustrating. None of my friends on other android devices experience this issue. 

Insta stories are also difficult, because of the 21:9 aspect ratio the top and bottom of the image/video gets cut off when viewed on other devices with a more standard aspect ratio, but I realise there's probably nothing that can be done about that. Just wish there was a template to restrict the media to an extent where it could be viewed on all devices well.

Thanks 

Ellis

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @e.cresswell 

have you given the Instagram app all the necessary permission it needs to run properly? just long tap the app and click on the "i" icon and enable the permissions. 

also it might also be a bug on the app, try to reinstall the app.

you can also drop a suggestion on the Instagram app devs on Google Play Store regarding the 21:9 aspect incompatibility. :slight_smile: