Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5ii android 11 UI lag.

profile.country.RU.title
vapgames
Explorer

Xperia 5ii android 11 UI lag.

Hello, i've received the Android 11 update recently and immediately noticed the lag on the UI.

After i unlock the phone there's a 3 second lag when i can't press any button or swipe, so i always end up pressing and swiping twice.

The same 3 second lag happens after closing notifications.

It feels really unresponsive now, it wasn't the case on older androids.

Is it a permanent feature of android 11? Should i factory reset? Can i downgrade to android 10?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.RU.title
vapgames
Explorer

Ok. I did some testing. The issue is gone if i disable all animations.

It seems like the UI is waiting for some animation to end before it registers the input.

So yea, the choice is either input lag or no UI animations at all on 11

Really want to go back to 10.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

• Check in Safe Mode
    • It might be animations,
    • It might be a misbehaving app taking system resources in the background.
  • Have a look in Settings-> Battery -> 3 dots upper right corner -> tap Battery usage.
    • Maybe you'll find something there.
  • Maybe take a look in Developer options -> Memory -> Memory used by apps
  • Try the Support app -> Device overview -> check app issues

Test

profile.country.RU.title
vapgames
Explorer

Thanks.

No, safe mode didn't change the delay.

I'm quite sure the delay is deliberately programmed into android 11 (for better palm rejection or something).

For now i increased the animations speed, It's not perfect, but it misses less swipes and taps.

Turning off all animations works perfect, but that feels like a huge UI downgrade compared to android 10.

Screenshot_20210124-012925.png

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

This could be one of the glitches that come after the software update, you can try to do basic troubleshooting steps like the ones in this link and check if it will improve the delay: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00237681