Join now - be part of our community!

Action Cam AS30V - Incompatible Dive Doors

ActionTom
New

Action Cam AS30V - Incompatible Dive Doors

Hi,

I recently purchased the Action Cam AS30V, and as I purchased it the website showed the Ski and Surf bundle as a compatible product - it suggested I bought it once the Action Cam was in my basket. I bought it, as I dive, and was looking forward to using the dive doors.

However, the ones that were sent to me are incompatible - I believe this is because the shape of the waterproof case has changed from the AS15. The dive doors, AKA-RD1, do not fit with the newer case SPK-AS2:

AKA-RD1 picture.jpg

Now, I have provided all of this information and explained it multiple times to Sony Customer Care - who initially insisted that the products are compatible. They have still not accepted that this is not the case! We've been back and forth multiple times. They have finally arranged for a refund - though collection of the wrong part is proving a nightmare too.

The courier (UK Mail) turned up today to collect it, but seemed to have no idea who he was there to collect it from (it was from my office). When I gave him the parcel, I asked for a receipt/proof of collection - as explicitly specified in the email Sony sent me regarding the return. He said 'Forget it, we don't do that, you'll have to take it up with Sony' and left. Clearly I wasn't going to send it off without a receipt as then if it went missing (which I'm fairly convinced was likely) I'd not have a leg to stand on. So, I still have no refund, and no dive doors, nor admission that this was an error on Sony's part or indeed any indication a compatible part actually exists (I bought the AS30V explicitly with a view to diving with it, among other activities).

What's more, despite at least twice mentioning to customer services that the website continues to recommend the wrong product, it has not been changed:

Dive doors recommended.JPG

Dive doors recommended2.JPG

I bring this to the forum to see if anyone else has had a similar experience or knows if there is indeed a compatible product out there? I'm losing my patience with Customer Services and the whole thing has been a total debacle from start to finish. Definitely would not recommend buying direct from Sony again - Amazon at least sort out their mistakes!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
jarski75
New

Hi,

Yes, have had the same kind of experience with the "customer care" ( thank god, I did all the detective work myself BEFORE ordering anything, so no damage done - except personal time lost )

CC obviosly just reads the same disinformation from their websites as we customers, so the CC personnel are probably some young part-timers, who actually don't know anything about the products, or even have had the chance to see them physically.. they just use the web like we do...

Don't know who puts these accessories on their webshop, but that person is to blame.. I understand, that a small electronics company like Sony can't afford to hire qualified people to answer customers questions :slight_smile: But the info - that you sell your products with - should be exact and true, no mistakes allowed here !!

The reason why I bought something ( or two ) from Sonyshop online, is the free delivery AND reasonable price. Ten points from here - almost makes up all the wrong information considering the compatibility issues..

Just be careful and do your homework in advance buyers :wink:

// Jarno, Finland. AS15 action cam + accessories owner