Join now - be part of our community!

AS-100V fogging and leaking

TintoreraRacing
Explorer

AS-100V fogging and leaking

I've gone through and lost quite a few different action cams while recording my offshore racing competitions. I currently use a AS100V which I really like except for the fact that it has always fogged over like crazy relative to all other cameras i've had (including an older AS15). I took the camera snorkeling for the first time this weekend and noticed that the housing immediately filled up with water so i figured that something was truly wrong and not just that the camera was more prone to fogging. When inspecting the front door I saw that only one of the microphone holes was covered with the rubber material while the other had holes going straight through.

Has anyone else had any similar problems with the housing or with the camera fogging over?

I can only assume that the two are related so the rubber peice has probably been missing since I first bought it but I doubt that sony will cover it since the camera is now a year old and will have to modify it to seal it for my upcoming race.

Is there any replacement doors avaliable for the new design of the waterproof housing that I can buy or will I have to buy a complete housing?

//David Z164

TintoreraRacing

0 REPLIES 0