Join now - be part of our community!

Using Smartphone to view and control ActionCam

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Using Smartphone to view and control ActionCam

Hiya Guys

Wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction.

I've started using my ActionCam and read that you can view and control it from your Smartphone.  I have an Xperia U and managed to connect the phone to the ActionCam via wireless, but not sure what the next step is to view and control.

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Faith x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thatsthatcrackmusic

Download the PlayMemories app from Google Play,and there's a username and password to type in inside your manual, it's like a little label. If you connect your camera via USB to your PC, and go through the folder directory on Start > Computer (or whatever the equivalent is if you own a Mac) and click on the camera, there'll be a folder full of manuals in different languages, your username and password is also on the pdf manual.

Type this into the PlayMemories app with your wifi on (to turn wifi on your camera, click, power, using next and prev buttons cycle over to SETUP, then, RMOTE, and make sure the RMOTE is on. Now, turn off your camera and open PlayMemories on your phone, then turn the camera back on, and it should come up. If it asks for a password, you know where it is. : )

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
thatsthatcrackmusic

Download the PlayMemories app from Google Play,and there's a username and password to type in inside your manual, it's like a little label. If you connect your camera via USB to your PC, and go through the folder directory on Start > Computer (or whatever the equivalent is if you own a Mac) and click on the camera, there'll be a folder full of manuals in different languages, your username and password is also on the pdf manual.

Type this into the PlayMemories app with your wifi on (to turn wifi on your camera, click, power, using next and prev buttons cycle over to SETUP, then, RMOTE, and make sure the RMOTE is on. Now, turn off your camera and open PlayMemories on your phone, then turn the camera back on, and it should come up. If it asks for a password, you know where it is. : )

Hope this helps.

faithx

Thanks for the info.

Still a bit of a palava, but managed to get there in the end using the pdf :slight_smile:

As an end note the paper documentation that came with the camera was absolutely rubbish!