Join now - be part of our community!

24p playback mode

profile.country.GB.title
John_Keats

24p playback mode

Hi all.

have you managed to play video files with external subtitles in android tv in 24p mode. For me it is only possible to play the movies in android video application but it doesn't support external  subtitles.

Do you know, why external players cannot play content in 24p mode and video and youtube apps can ?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony TVs can playback 24p via HDMI connected devices - the Video App is also created by Sony.  For other apps to support 24p mode, then it is up to the app developer to support it (i.e. Kodi etc).

Have you tried KODI, or VLC, MX Player or even Plex?

Also, have you tried setting Auto Picture Mode to "Auto (24p Sync)" in the Picture settings?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
John_Keats

You are 100% correct.

I agree that via HDMI the movies can be played in 24p mode, but the whole concept of using Android TV for me - is without HDMI, only android apps and movies from internet or lan network.

In KODI, Archos, Plex application - 24p mode option is disable and cannot be enabled. Like you said, apps doesn't support that.

In Video app, Youtube app (possible other native/Sony video apps) we can enable 24p mode - the difference is easily seen, 24p mode is supperior to any motionflow settings in other apps.

I only worry about that Kodi developers might not have details, how to applies 24p mode in Sony (and other manu. of) Android TV. In other words, what you need to do in your video application to enable 24p mode option in picture settings.

profile.country.NO.title
kayrune

I know Emby support changing to 24p mode, but it require Android 6.0. Maybe same issue for other apps ?

profile.country.GB.title
John_Keats

I have checked Emby and Plex in my TV (with android 5) - if I play the video in Emby or Plex app, the 24p option is disable.

If I play movies via Android Video application, from Plex Server (probably via DLNA), yes 24p is enable, but there is problem with subtitles in this app.