Join now - be part of our community!

3D glasses

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
MattK91
Explorer

3D glasses

I know this topic has been up a lot and I apologize. I just can't find exactly what I'm looking for in the forum. 

I have the 43W805C TV and looking to buy 3D glasses. On a forum post from a month ago I read that Samsung (model SSG-51002) glasses works with 43W807C. He even said that the Sony supporter advised him to buy them because Sony's are too expensive. 
And this is where I agree. I love Sony as much as the next guy but 62 euros/68 dollars a piece is a bit much when you need 3 of them. 
The one's recommened (allegedly) by the Sony supporter comes in a pair for 30 euros/34 dollars.
If they work on W807C will they work on W805C as well?
Or is there another alternative to Sony's 3D glasses?

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@mickhill12 wrote:

hi,  i am trying to find out why i cant pair my new sony 3d glasses,  just wondered if you could help,  i couldnt find out how to do a new posting on this forum,  cheers,  mick.

New Message, at the very top of the forum, under Televisions,

Well worth posing your question again, as the thread you posted in is marked 'Solved', and your additional query might not be so well noticed.

in case your TV set is being balky, hold down the On/Standby button on the remote for ten seconds or so, until the set soft reboots.

Then try the pairing again,

I would try to answer your question in more detail if I could, but my Sony TV is not 3D, and my Samsungs pair exactly as described in the instructions that came with the glasses - you need to be watching a 3D film or have chosen virtual 3D with a 2D one, you turn the glasses on, and you hold down the pairing button until the TV notices you, and you get paired up.

But maybe Sony do it differently?

So it may well be worth describing how you are going about the pairing - what steps you take - to see if anyone can spot a missed step.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
mickhill12
Explorer

many thanks for the information, the cheaper exelvan 3d glasses i bought
worked straight away with the method you said, but the sony glasses have
a different way to pair, you hold the glasses within around a couple of
feet away from the screen and press the button twice and then there should
be a message on the screen to say they have been registered or paired, i
have tried quite a few times and nothing works, maybe the glasses are
faulty ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mickhill12

Can you confirm the model numbers of the TV and 3D glasses you have - As i just want to double check you have the correct ones firstly.

Cheers

mickhill12
Explorer

hi,  thanks,   the glasses are tdg-br100 and tv is sony kd65x8509cbu.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the reply with the models.  But unfortunately I have to say that you have purchased the wrong model of 3D glasses.  The TDG-BR100 is for older Sony 3D TVs that connect via infrared.  Your TV requires TDG-BT500A - which connects to the TV via bluetooth.

Hopefully you can easily get a refund on them.

Cheers

mickhill12
Explorer

many thanks, i had no idea there were different sets, it looks like
amazon is letting me down, it looks like the 3d ice age dvd i bought from
them is not right either.
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least Amazon has a good returns policy.  :slight_smile:  good luck :four_leaf_clover:

mickhill12
Explorer

yes they are pretty good at that,  many thanks for all your help,  all the best,  mick.

its_liberty
Explorer

Hi,

I bought active 3d glasses from ebay which didnt work with my Sony KD-55X8509C.

After a research some one suggested this website and bought 3 pairs and they are working perfect. The only thing since I updated my TV recently I had problems with connecting my glasses. I reset the TV to factory setting and bingo my glasses are working fine. The battery is very good in these glasses.

http://www.eshaan.co.uk/sale-products/bluetooth-3d-active-shutter-glasses-g05-bt-rechargeable-for-al...

Hope it helps.

mickhill12
Explorer

hi, thanks for information, i bought 2 pairs of exelvan glasses and they
have been fine, i think they were the same price as yours, the first
glasses i bought were the old fashioned type and out of date.