Join now - be part of our community!

49XD8077 no sound from Standby

karlossus
Explorer

49XD8077 no sound from Standby

If the TV has been on standby overnight or through the day then once it's turned back on there is no sound. The only fix I have is to power down the TV and restart it. That's obviously no good, the TV is only a week old.

I think I can see some quite old (nearly 1 yr) posts about this here. Has Sony ever said they'll fix it? (I have raised a support ticket with them).

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This problem seems to be rather difficult to resolve, due to the 'randomness' of it and hence difficult to replicate in testing conditions.  From my understanding is thought/hoped that with futher updates to the TVs and memory optimisations then this issue might just disappear. 

I was hoping that this would be resolved in the Marshmallow update (Android 6.0), but since you are already on it - my hopes are dashed 😞

Are you using TV speakers or an external audio system?

Cheers

karlossus
Explorer

I have an external sony sound bar, however when the sound disappears it won't come through either the internal speakers or the external speakers.

The issue is still reoccuring. It does seem to be related to starting the TV up using the internal tuner. If it starts up either with YouView or Freeview then it starts up without sound (or with a brief bit of distorted sound) almost every time. It's pretty stable if you start it on an external input.

Weirdly the system sounds stay audible once the issue occurs. Just no sound for any input (including the digital tuner).

Does anyone else still have this? Should I have taken the TV back or is it software related? I have tried disabling/re-enabling youview. I haven't tried a factory reset quite yet (I don't have much installed, Kodi, Plex & iPlayer is it) but don't want to go through the full reset just on the offchance it works).

Anything else I can try?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

How is the soundbar connected to the TV ? (HDMI or optical).  If you are using a HDMI connection, do you have any other devices connected to the TV or soundbar by HDMI?  If so, unplug the HDMI cable, so not other devices are connected and test.  Im going on a theory that another HDMI connected device is interferring with the signals.

Cheers

karlossus
Explorer

It's on HDMI 3 (ARC). Have a Tivo on HDMI1 and AppleTV on HDMI2. Will try removing those for a bit.

Anonymous
Not applicable
karlossus
Explorer

Thank you! Great to have some new things to try. Will come back once I've had time to try removing HDMI's.