Join now - be part of our community!

4k Input channel

profile.country.GB.title
Mark_Leb
Explorer

4k Input channel

Hi guys.

I have android tv, with my virgin tv box plugged in and have netflix 4k, so the problem i have is that it is stated that only the HDMI inputs 2 and 3 are 4 K UHD, so when i turn on the tv it auto defaults to HDMI 1 (even if i turn on the virgin V6 box first) i have trawled through all of the settings but i cannot find a way to default to HDMI 2.

Can any one lend some advise please ?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

You should make sure that HDMI-CEC (Bravia Sync) is enabled in both the Virgin box and TV. Then try to access the Virgin Box from the device icon in Home. It should show a notification saying that it is connecting. If it still doesn't work, try to power cycle the TV (unplug the power cord for few secs with the TV in standby) and try again. Usually the right HDMI inputs get selected, but sometime they get stuck in my TV as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Mark_Leb
Explorer

Hi and thanks for the reply, i have tried as u suggested but no joy ??  when i click the enable tab to list connected devices (In the sony Bravia sync device list) it does not find the virgin V6 box? I have looked into the settings in the cable box but i cannot see any thing that would appear to help?

So with the Virgin box switched on, the tv still defaults to HDMI 1 and not HDMI 2, where the virgin cable is plugged into ..

Any additional help would be great 🙂