Join now - be part of our community!

65XF9005BU stream audio and video from local NAS

profile.country.GB.title
jjq2r01h
Explorer

65XF9005BU stream audio and video from local NAS

I have recently bought sony tv 65XF9005BU and I have a Buffalo Linkstation NAS LS220D.

Can I stream audio and video from my local NAS over the LAN and if so, how do I do it?

Any help will be very much appreciated. I cant seem to find any instructions to do it.

Many thanks / Jag

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The NAS is a DLNA ™ Media Server so just look for it in the network paths of Multimedia Apps like Video (which you find pre-installed) or others you can install from the Play Store as VLC.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
jjq2r01h
Explorer

Hi
Many thanks for the info.

I started the DLNA server on my Buffalo NAS.

I downloaded the VLC app on my sony tv to access my Buffalo NAS and stream audio and video from the NAS.

I put in my userid and password for authentication but VLC says that Buffalo NAS authentication failed. I use this same userid/password from my windows machine to access the NAS and it works fine all the time.

On the VLC screen, it says that ideally, i need to enter the userid as DOMAIN;userid but I am not part of a domain so I just enter my userid as it is but authentication fails.

Do you know the exact name of the video app that comes preinstalled on the sony TV as I cant find one.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks / Jag