Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video - Lip Sync

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Amazon Video - Lip Sync

So looks like my amazon video is suffering the same lipsync errors that i get in youtub, KODI also has the same issue.  Not a problem with KODi as it allows you to delay / advance the sound timing (+0.150ms is the fix for me)

when are we going to see a fix for this, it has been around a year since the original update that caused this was released.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
richolme6
Explorer

I also have the same lip sync problem with Amazon video, come on Sony sort it out.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Anything on this, its annoying i pay for a TV that i cant watch free things on such as youtube, now i cant watch services that i pay for .......

Just to set this the way i see it

Youtube works on 

phone

tablet

pc

laptop

Amazon works on

phone

tablet

pc

laptop

Neither work on my sony android TV, this is not a amazon or youtube problem IT IS SONYS!!!!!!! i understand the different formats for HD & audio and how there is no standard, heres an idea for sony use the ones everyone else uses, or at least manages to get right on coutless other devices?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I agree, some of the Lip Sync issues have gone on for far too long.  I rarely use the YouTube app on the TV, simply because of the bad lip sync issues.  Unfortuantely there is also a large list of bugs and issues that remain un-resolved for far too long too.  Hopefully they will be fixed soon (fingers crossed!)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

HI Quinnicus

appreciate the reply, and i know you dont work for sony etc.. so please dont take the below to be directed at you.

its fine saying hopefully, and fingers crossed however this simply is not good enough from such a big player in the entertainment game, at the very very least we should at least be informed of

a.) aknowledgement of an issue

b.) a statement that they are working towards a fix

c.) most importantly an ETA of a fix

imagine if a company like ford made a car, that car has a list of faults like many do, lets say that the fault is the car cant indicate left. now imagine that they simply ignore there customer base, now imagine the customers pay a premium to turn left, now imagine the customers just hope they fix it lol

yes its really as ridiculous as it sound but is a fair comparison.  Is there anyway we can get an official response from sony of this and other Major issues ?

profile.country.GB.title
chrisc383

I absolutely agree with you, Sony is most of the time pretending everything is fine. One question: do you have this lip sync issue with all the materials?

In my case, it seems to be worst on the UHD Grand Tour episodes, especially 2 and 3. On the other stuff - like older HD movies it seems to be almost in sync.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

yeah it seems to be across the board if im honest, tried grand tour, vikings.  however louis therox scientology movies i didnt notice it happen.