Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video on XD93

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

Amazon Video on XD93

I'm looking for someone who managed to get this right.

I've an Amazon Prime account and can watch contect via the browser.

Yesterday I tried using Amazon Video App on the TV for the first time. I followed the instructions to link the TV to Amazon. It went OK, though, I can;t get access to content as part of my Prime account.

Any idea? thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

Thanks guys,

Your suggestions led me to re-think and then I've found the problem...

My Amazon account was on US (as used to live there), while moved to the UK lately there was a mismatch between the US account and the TV which expects to see a UK content.

When changed my location on Amazon, it all got straight and working fine now (with filter by prime etc.)

It is a bit slow and stuttering sometimes... (although high high speed broadband) - though it is what it is ....

Cheers!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have not used Amazon Prime Video on these TVs (yet), but have just managed to sign in on my Amazon account to access the content (obviously without prime video), however what happens when you go into the settings area of the Amazon Video app and in to the Prime Video area?  Is there any settings there you can adjust?

Having a look on the Home screen section of Amazon video, it has certain sections stating "Included with Prime".

Also, if you press the green button on the remote control, you can filter "Included with Prime" only.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Therealsh wrote:

I'm looking for someone who managed to get this right.

I've an Amazon Prime account and can watch contect via the browser.

Yesterday I tried using Amazon Video App on the TV for the first time. I followed the instructions to link the TV to Amazon. It went OK, though, I can;t get access to content as part of my Prime account.

Any idea? thanks!!!

I take it this was the authorisation process whereby the App on the TV throws up a code, and you input that in Amazon.co.uk, on PC laptop or tablet?

in which case, it is important to ensure you are signed in to the account that Amazon Prime is linked to before typing in the code on Amazon's website.

if you think that is what you did, try it again (you may have to blow the app, its data and its cache off the TV and re-establish it before you can get another Auth Code).

if it still doesn't work, ask me again tomorrow, when I am in front of the TV with an iPad open in my Prime-equipped Amazon account, and I will retrace my steps to establishing this on the TV,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

Thanks guys,

Your suggestions led me to re-think and then I've found the problem...

My Amazon account was on US (as used to live there), while moved to the UK lately there was a mismatch between the US account and the TV which expects to see a UK content.

When changed my location on Amazon, it all got straight and working fine now (with filter by prime etc.)

It is a bit slow and stuttering sometimes... (although high high speed broadband) - though it is what it is ....

Cheers!!