Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi I found this link for you regarding doing a factory reset. 

This normally kills most problems. 

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/~/how-do-i-perform-a-facto...

Yes it will wipe all your setting and any apps that you installed. 

All other apps will be their as part of Andriod OS. 

Alot of people don't like preforming a complete reset as they have taken time to setup their TV. Just note down any setting. It's one of the most easiest way to solve most problems. So it just takes you a but longer to setup back your TV but the gains you make after preforming a reset should be with it. If problems persist then contact Sony tech support. 

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi  I'm also from West London UK iv got the same model KD-43X8307 I purchsed mine last year September 2016 I did manual install via USB and works extremely well no faults at all on my TV. Been using it for 3 days now and I

Very happy. Plenty of improvements brighter and sharper picture. Hardly or any lag aby more. Also animation is much smoother and far snappier. 

I also preformed a factory reset straight after install. So should work Findon your up to you... 😁 😎 

profile.country.GB.title
DecimusMxms

Hi

Voice remote stopped working on my XD8599 after this update. Anyone having the same problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.GB.title
DecimusMxms

Thank you! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Sanjo1975
Explorer

thanks I know what to do now if any issues arrise.

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

I'm currently using a 250 gig hard drive for films, I couldn't get a 32 gig stick to work Can I use  a stick for system extension and does it have to be usb 3 and 32 gig? I'm assuming my films will be retained on the hard drive having read these posts

Cheers

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Will_cain

In theory, any USB should work for storage but ATM there are some issues with that on my end so unless you are willing to do some testing before, good. If not than maybe better to wait with that for a bit until we figure out what's going on.

chbjerg

I updated yersterday - no problems at all. I like taht the Guide is finally not switching to another channel, and keeps the background audio and video. 

What I do not like, is that every time i switch to HDMI input, it exits my favourites, meaning that when I go back to Digital TV (DVB-C) and press Guide - I get all the channels listed in the order they where installed in, in stead of my favourite order. I have to press action menu, and select Favorites 1 every time. 

Any way to solve this