Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
Steventv
Explorer

Is anyone else having issues with the series link recording? Since the update it will record on the day but although it will say it's going to record the next episode it won't.

Boulder08
Explorer

Does the new version support having different settings for SDR and HDR content? I was just trying to set things up on my XE9005 and it seems that for example advanced contrast enhancement applies to both. I.e. it's either on or off for both, not dependant on the detected signal. Looks to me that only brightness and contrast are separate. I've not yet received the update as it was pulled back some time ago so I'm probably running Android 6.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@Boulder08 wrote:

Does the new version support having different settings for SDR and HDR content? I was just trying to set things up on my XE9005 and it seems that for example advanced contrast enhancement applies to both. I.e. it's either on or off for both, not dependant on the detected signal. Looks to me that only brightness and contrast are separate. I've not yet received the update as it was pulled back some time ago so I'm probably running Android 6.

No, don't think any Sony TVs do.

profile.country.GB.title
infinyt12
Explorer

some TVs have both settings if they have HDR I think
profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

Is there any future for my 2015 Sony Bravia Android TV (KDL43W809C)?

no updates for ages, is anything likely to happen to make this TV better? 

do they make any 4K TV’s in 32inch?

is the Sony range of TV’s still having trouble with Sky Q?

profile.country.GB.title
psychomehdi
New

Hi,

Maybe I missed something while reading all the replies, however, I followed the steps to update my KD-49XD8305 TV using a USB to the latest firmware 6.5603.017 but it seems with the same old layout and not Nougat.

Anyone was able to update to Nougat the XD83 Model, and where to get the appropriate file?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Nougat does have the same UI design as previous Lollipop and Marshmallow. Oreo will have the new one.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@dabasto98  schrieb:

Is there any future for my 2015 Sony Bravia Android TV (KDL43W809C)?

no updates for ages, is anything likely to happen to make this TV better?

Afraid not. Sony only announced Oreo for ATV2 based models released after mid-2016. You might see minor updates for older models, nothing groundbreaking though. Guess the experience with those TVs will stay as bad as it is today.

profile.country.RO.title
Futerix
Explorer

Hello there.

I've recently purchase a second sony android tv XF8096 with android 7 but after i've updated the TV to latest firmware i get 2 annoying bugs:

- with jack inserted (my audio sistem is analog) on every chanell that i change or aplication i get little 3-7 random low freq popping/crackle in the tv speakers only but my sound is set to" audio system" not "tv speakers" and i can't do a thing about this to fix it. If i remove the jack and set the sound to "tv speajers" the sound bug dissapear... this issue wasn't present on the older firmware (the actual buggy firmware is PKG6.5629.0177EUA)

- the second and the most annoying is that the picture settings is not saved/preserved corectly, dosent matter what setting i chose on TV.  For example on the digital tv chanels: after i change to a differet chanel and then come back to the previous one the picture settings on the paper look corectly but in reality the color seems to be change to maximum 100, if you want to reproduce the bug just change the selected seting (in my case for exampleis 60) to 59 or 61 and you will se the real settings come back to normal and the picture look normaly but after you change the chanel/imput/program the bug is present again like the're is no save for my settings.

The TV apk is bugged and some apk to, software issue that was not present on the older firmware.

I'm on my second android TV and i'm familiar with the "fixes" and procedures and i did 4 factory resets and the bugs are still there, i'll return my tv to the store soon and get the money back because this is sad and i dont have time to wait for a fix that will never come to soon because nobody talks about those problems.

That's why on my W808C i'm still in Android 6.0 and didn't have the balls to upgrade.

This post is for feedback purpose only, in 10 days il retun this to the store, if sombody know some fixes for this probably i'll keep it.

Please send to sony my feedback

profile.country.GB.title
djTaym
Explorer

Hi all,

I just upgraded my Sony KDL-55W905a with the XF9003 (65') and wow...I thought I had good picture with the W905. The XF9003 is just awesome.

Now this is my first Android TV, have had severval SONY TV's before, but I'm missing two things.

1. The feature SCENE was a great feature that allowed me to designate an HDMI-port with custom picture settings/mode, and with one click...everything was done. Yes, I know that this is available if you are running multiple HDMI connections, but I run everything via my Yamaha receiver. Whenever I need to change from e.g. Blu-Ray movie settings to gaming PS4 Pro settings, I need to hit the ACTION MENU > PICTURE > change picture mode....like 10 clicks. The SCENE feature was available both with the HX800 and the W905. I mean now when TV's got "smarter", this would be an easy fix....right? If you know how I can send in this request to SONY, please direct me. The local support in Sweden was not able to support.

2. I have a Apple TV 4K connected and if I change the video output to dynamic HDR, the screen flashes sometimes when there is a scene that fades to black. Very light flash, you got almost say it's from the movie/TV-show. The work-around is ti have the output from ATV4K set to static HDR and have the setting "match video/frame rate" actived. I just want to hear if that is the case for you as well.