Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

Fingers crossed then hopefully we can get an update before the World Cup

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

For those with a Virgin TV V6 box, it's currently on the list with 'to be confirmed'. Which means Virgin have to actually do something or issue some update which iis a possibility. 

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Unreal stuff I am reading here…..as if BBC experts and Sony deletants are inventing new nuclear reactor…and we are only talking about a simple application update…..sorry people, but this is just disgusting. Their software support is a joke.

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

Does this update come OTA or do you have to do it manually?

profile.country.GB.title
thelad86
Explorer

OTA. Although as I stated earlier in this thread I had to manually force the TV to look for the update despite have auto update on.
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@BigUglyGac wrote:

had a reply on twitter and got the same responce from the bbc, still waiting for sony to get back after their first responce of saying they will look in to it. 

And as we know they are still looking...... :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

I emailed Sony UK about it last week. 

'Hi, could you let me know when the KD-55X9305C will get the update required to show BBC iPlayer UHD HLG? It has been promised by the Sony UK Twitter account but no update has been offered'

The reply: 

'Thank you for contacting Sony support in regards to viewing BBC iPlayer in 4K on your KD-55X9305C.

Regarding your enquiry, please be advised that unfortunately there is no communication or not your TV will support BBC iPlayer in 4K.

However, please keep an eye on the support page on your TV for future announcements:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-55x9305c

Apologies for any unintended inconvenience.'

Lol. 

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Errr that response isn't even English, LOL. Good old Sony, they really do not know their ***** from their elbow.

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Weird, I think my previous reply was deleted. 

So I got another note from Sony. 

tl;dr 'Sorry pal, this tech weren't out when we made your TV. Tough luck. Watch it in HD or get a new TV.'

Their response in full: 

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

With reference to your query regarding the compatibility of your Sony KD-55X9305C TV, with the BBC iPlayer for the world cup 2018 trail.

We understand your frustration that your product is not listed as one of the compatible devices for BBC’s Live streaming of the world cup in 4K UHD and HDR. 

We would like to apologise for this inconvenience, however; this is a new technology that was not announced during the time that your TV was manufactured and sold. 

Your TV is 4K UHD and HDR ready and you can experience this via numerous applications such as Netflix or Amazon 4k Streaming, as well as through a 4K Blu-ray player.

We can confirm that only the model in the below link will be able to view the 4K trail.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00199547 

As an alternative, you may watch the world cup in full HD.

We repeat our apologies.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply back to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry 

Yours sincerely,

Heba

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Minor build. 

If you're missing out on the iPlayer update BUT you have a PlayStation Pro, update your iPlayer app! :slight_smile: 

Woop!Woop!