Join now - be part of our community!

Audio Passthrough on Nougat (ATV1)

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

Audio Passthrough on Nougat (ATV1)

Since I updated to Nougat on my XD93, I can't get audio passthrough to work anymore on SPMC. Not for any standard. No noise either, just silence and my soundbar (Yamaha YSP-2700) displays PCM.

I thought that with Nougat the PCM hack would still have been available even though Mediatek didn't implement the proper passthrough guidelines from Google.

Does anyone have audio passthrough working on the latest firmware with the PCM hack in SPMC?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Kermy101
New

Same issue, only way to make it work is a complete unplug of the TV and Amp, and then it only works once, imhave to set my amp to the ARC return HDMI to bet audio.

poor show Sony, ARC is an extreamly important fearture that younhave broken, wish i had a roll back.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Kermy101

your problem is not the same. Yours is fixable, at least once :grin:

But passthrough is broken for 3rd party apps and is just another "smart" feature gone down the toilet drain.

And I really am not surprised that SONY doesn't give a :poop: about smart features considering how many people here are happy just because update went smooth and their DVB-T and maybe netflix work. I can get that on any other generic OEM TV so I don't have to pay sony ton of $€$€$€ just for that when android part of the TV is worth less then the cheapest smartphone out there.

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

Well, the official passthrough has worked only for Dolby Digital I believe, but I'm not talkignn about the official way of passthrough like Google wants it done but the PCM-hack. This doesn't seem to work either anymore.