Join now - be part of our community!

Best NAS option for a Sony KD-55X8509C Android Television with VLC

profile.country.GB.title
ChrisF80
New

Best NAS option for a Sony KD-55X8509C Android Television with VLC

Hi:

I would very much appreciate if someone could please offer an opinion or / and advice / help with regards to connecting a NAS hard drive full or music, photo's and video to a Sony KD-55X8509C with the VLC installed via the Google Playstore in the Android interface?

I would like to know of any good NAS options that anyone may be using or have experience with that work with the said above Android telelvision connected via LAN as I have been thinking about the Seagate Personal Cloud 5TB Home Media Storage NAS Hard Drive, but first more importantly is this actually possible and if so how would one go about it (I am not very technically minded with computing devices)?  I would very much like to use this functionallity but would like to do it right if possible first time around.  Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have not had that much experience using VLC on the Android TV - however Kodi is pretty good and is specifically designed to handle playback from NAS drives etc.  Suggest installing it and seeing for yourself.

Also, unsure what NAS drive you have currently, but if its using Plex Server, there is also an app on the Google Play TV Store for Plex.  Which is also compatible with the Seagate Personal Cloud 5TB Home Media Storage as you can enable the built in Plex Server.

If you want future explandability, have a look and research the Synology range of NAS Servers - but it does have a high intial cost outlay.

Cheers