Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD 55X755F argghhh

profile.country.IE.title
the_one_one
Explorer

Bravia KD 55X755F argghhh

I'm furious!

My previous smart TV was a 55" Samsung. The screen failed twice in 2 years so I decided to throw away the Samsung for good. Back to the shopping list.
Since I have had several Sony TV's in the past that never failed I decided to buy a Sony Bravia KD 55X755F. Now I'm totally regretful for so bad decision. Not because of Sony but because the Android OS and apps.

The Opera browser is crap and almost unusable. Some sites that work just fine in any browser and device (including the Samsung Smart TV) are unusable in the Bravia TV. My wireless Logitech keyboard is also unusable. I wished to display pics in the Bravia from my iPhone and couldn't find a decent app for the task.  I plugged my usb memory stick to watch some movies and the Bravia was unable to display the files names correctly.
For God's sake evaluate OS's and applications before deciding to be used in a Sony product.

Should I expect some upgrades in the near future? If not I will throw that piece of crap to a charity.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Install other Apps from Play Store for fix your actual problems, like VLC or Nova Player, and another Browser. For Send from your iPhone try AirScreen.

Manolo

profile.country.IE.title
the_one_one
Explorer

Today, I manually updated the Bravia firmware to PKG6.5830.xxxx using a USB memory cause the TV refused to update it automatically. I also used a UPS just in case. Everything went smooth.

In less than 15 minutes I manually restarted the TV and the new look and better performance showed up. It is much better now. I now give the Bravia a 6 out of ten. It is not the best of both worlds but it is now almost acceptable.
Again I encourage Sony to hire some good programmers to start developing Bravia's own firmware and apps. To users I recommend to update the firmware if yours is older than PKG6.5830.xxxx.
Now will update to v6.5850 which is also available. Maybe I will give at least a 7 this time.

profile.country.IE.title
the_one_one
Explorer

I downloaded update v6.5850 twice, extracted twice, used two different USB drives but always Bravia refused to update. Now I qualify Bravia at 5.5 out of ten. :rage: