Join now - be part of our community!

Changing channels to SD - noise

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Changing channels to SD - noise

Hi

Recently got a Sony Bravia TV XD8599 model.  My Sky HD+ box is hooked up to it and connected to the internet by wired ethernet cable.

Just a small minor issue, is that I've noticed that when I change channels from either HD to SD or SD to SD, there is a split second noise.  Thats the best way I can describe it, tomorrow evening I can maybe post a video.

My Samsung TV before the Sony (just weeks ago) didn't do this btw and a member of my family has a 2 year old Sony TV also hooked up to Sky HD+ box and the channel change over is smooth with no noise.  (Same cables as before)

So, I am wondering why this should be?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, a video (with audio) might help.  Its hard to know because I am unsure on what noise it is.  Is it like a buzz, screech, a ping or that noise you used to get in the old analogue days when you just got 'snow' on the TV?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

I have had to place my iphone near the TV speakers so you can hear it properly when I change channels.

Listen carefully, it will be for a split second right at the very beginning once the channel has changed.

More noticeable at 5 secs, 18 secs, 28 secs and 34 secs.

https://youtu.be/jqGhw9jGo8w

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have played this video a few times and i cannot hear anything different or out of the ordinary.  Im sorry.

Maybe another forum member can listen too?

It maybe just a simple case of electronic interference noise?  Can you try seperating the aerial, power and hdmi cables away from each other (as much as possible anyhow)?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Have you set your sound to Dolby Digital in the settings for the sky box?

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Hi RiscOn, yes :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

That big lump of a power box is on the floor/carpet, but with such a short cable, I'll see if it can fit on my TV stand....

It is so minor really, the recording wasn't the best I provided as oppose to actually sitting in my living room...