Join now - be part of our community!

disable digital antenna input - 43XD8305

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

disable digital antenna input - 43XD8305

how do i disable the digital antenna input?

i had previously connected an antenna to test youview (not knowing that it took over the TV and forced the TV button on the remote to only control Youview).

i diabled youview and disconnected the antenna, but digital input won't disappear and the saved channels are still there.

reason i want it removed as when the TV comes on out of standy, it default to digital input even though the TV button on the remote is set to HDMI1.

also. any way to get rid of the streaming channels input?
it only has google play movies attached to it.

i know you can hide the inputs, but that doesn't seem to be the same as actually disabling them.

IMG_20170103_173303.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am not too sure that the "Digital" input can actually be disabled.  I have not come across this request before and have looked through my settings and cannot see a way to disable it.  As you mentioned, you can 'hide' the input if required.

The only thing that 'may' work is a factory reset of the TV, do not connect the aerial to the TV and hence do not complete the channel scan.  ?

In regards to the "Streaming Channels" input - this input appears automatically when an app has been installed that supports this input.  You would have to delete/remove the app for it to 'disappear' (unsure if you can actually remove Google Play Movies though). I do not have this on my TV as im also not on the "Marshmallow" release like your TV is.  Are you able to 'hide' this in the external inputs setting area?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

the google play movies is pre-installed and part of Android TV, it can't be removed.

the problem with the digital input is that for the first 1 minute of coming out of standby, pressing GUIDE brings up the digital antenna guide, and not what the button should do, which is bring up the guide on the satellite box connected to HDMI.

this wasn't a problem before the digital input was activated by scanning channels.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

I guess we're back to my original suggestion:

The only thing that 'may' work is a factory reset of the TV, do not connect the aerial to the TV and hence do not complete the channel scan.  ?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

well factory reset hasn't made a difference.

the "digita" source has now gone, but pressing GUIDE when the TV is first brought out of standby still brings up the digital guide (even though it's not set up), and i have to wait about 30 seconds before the button will do what it is supposed to do via HDMI CEC.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

maybe it's a mispelling, but why you press the Guide button? is the TV button that can be customized to swtch to your HDMI... the Guide one will run the digital guide app 

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

no not a misspelling, i am talking about the GUIDE button, which is set to bring up the guide on my satellite box via HDMI CEC.

and it does do that, except for the first 30 seconds from when the TV is brought out of standby.

i am not talking about the TV button.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

sorry didn't know that also the guide command could be sent via hdmi cec. but it doesn't seem to me that 30 seconds is too much after awaking the system... ok could be faster but it takes a lot of services to be started in order to do that. my personal opinion. 
profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

30 seconds is a long time to wait to be able to change a channel though.

as it seems all HDMI CEC key forwards don't work for that period of time.

however i believe this is not an HDMI CEC issue, but rather the TV actually no processing that it is on the HDMI source for that period of time.

regardless though, with the no digital antenna present and no channels stored pressing the GUIDE button shouldn't even bring up the digital guide, as no digital source is present.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Is this 30 seconds delay only for GUIDE button or others too?? e.g. numeric buttons 1,2,3,....

Generally there is a 60 seconds delay loading all system apps but ONLY after Reboot or Power loss. Visible mostly in DISCOVER function.