Join now - be part of our community!

dolby vision

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

dolby vision

i have been told by sony support even when the dolby vision sotware update happens this summer for the ubp-x700 my kd65-zd9 does not support dolby vision they say they are waiting for a software update to allow dolby vision over h d m i but they cant tell me when this will happen so i will have a blu-ray player that can play dolby vision discs but it wont be dolby vison on my tv  it looks like i will have to go with lg instead does anyone know if  this is right

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @stewartgordon4 :slight_smile:

If Support have told you that then that is probably the most

up to date information available at the moment.

You could always try checking back with Support every few weeks to see if there are

any updates.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

On the download pages for the ZD9, it is stated that the current FW 6.2858 already supports the Sony DV profile. As a footnote Sony states that players need an update for it to work over HDMI as well. So the TV should already be capable of doing DV over HDMI if the player can do it. As far as I know this has already been confirmed for the Apple TV 4K (which received the respective update with tvOS 11.3).

Sony support is as useless as always...

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

thanks that is what i thought i asume once the dolby vision update happens on the bdp-x700  i will manage to play dolby vision blu-rays on to my kd65-zd9 thru h d m i