Join now - be part of our community!

Dotted horizontal line across screen after latest update

SOLVED
marc.knuckle
Explorer

Dotted horizontal line across screen after latest update

i thought it best to start a seperate thread to the 'juddering' thread.

so no juddering so far since the last update and the video apps seem to be playing okay.

however...we just noticed a horizontal line, sort of dotted, along the screen. we initially thought it was the program but it stayed there when another program came on. we turned it off and on and it is gone for now but it never did this before the update

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marc.knuckle
Explorer

Yep,  exchanged for the Panasonic 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you able to post a photo of that here please if it happens again - as its hard to know without actually seeing what your meaning :slight_smile:

In regards to this not happening before the fw update - im going to reserve judgement on this and call it a coincidence at this stage.  Things like the symptoms your describing is generally hardware issues.

Cheers

marc.knuckle
Explorer

i spoke too soon.

shortly after this problem my wife put on netflix...no video, only audio. turned off netflix and not even the sky program came up, just blank. after a complete turn off then on the same issue initially, no netflix video, but then green artifacts kept coming up and randomly it would show a frozen picture of the sky program from hdmi 1 in the background behind the artifacts.2016-11-09 21.09.47.jpg

2016-11-09 21.09.45.jpg

i have more and a video of it happening

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

As @Anonymous said before, this seems to be a Hardware issue.

• This is not a "wild" verticals lines, so it is possible the cause to be the main board graphics processor and not the LCD itself or the LCD Inverter or the flex cable.
  • Since this was OK, as you said before latest Firmware Update, this could also be a bad installation caused by a corrupted downloaded Firmware file.
  • Can you check the heat on lower frame part? Is it tolerable(sufferable) when touching fingers?
  • As we can see in your photos there is a device under your TV that also produces heat and another device on top frame. Try power OFF those two and check again to avoid any interference that could be caused by them.
  • Is your problem active also in SD picture and Android Home screen?

Maybe Quinnicus can help you to reinstall Firmware with the USB method or you can ask Sony Support for this case.

marc.knuckle
Explorer

Thanks . 

The device it sits on isn't a device , it is a wooden plinth i created to raise it up above the small sound bar in front so the infrared worked. 

The small thing on top is the wii light sensor so doesn't give out heat or interference . 

The update was done via the tv update function so shouldn't have had an issue but the tv has been factory reset many times over last few months of these problems . 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi again

Then it's not an interference or heat. Those squares are usualy a graphics on main board issue. A Firmware re-installation could possibly determine if it is firmware(drivers) issue or a main board, that includes graphics processor, issue.

I cannot help you with re-installation since there is no Official procedure. I don't know if a factory reset can help.

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/kw/

Contact Sony Support. They will guide you with proper instructions or send you a way to re-install.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my understanding it is not possible to re-install the firmware once its already on the version its suppose to be.  But then again, engineers might have a set procedure that it can - but I dont know it (if there even is one).

Either way, I have escalated this thread to Sony Support for them to investigate and get back to you.  They should be in contact within the next day or two.

Cheers

marc.knuckle
Explorer

Thanks mate . 

After 2 months being in discussion with richer sounds and patiently waiting for each update , they threw the towel in and authorised the local branch to exchange . 

So , instead of having a tv of equal spec i paid the extra and upgraded to the Panasonic 700b, 58 inch (old Sony was 49 inch ) 

Just setting it up now . 

Apart from dragging their feet the richer sound help line did a good job handling it . The solihull store was great . Due to a back injury they did everything for me . Unloaded the old from the car , stuck the new one in as well . I didn't have to lift a finger . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @marc.knuckle

From your description - im take it you are no longer in possession of the faulty TV (i.e. Replaced with Panna?) - If so, I will close of the escalation I raised - but can you just re-confirm please?

Cheers

marc.knuckle
Explorer

Yep,  exchanged for the Panasonic