Join now - be part of our community!

Downgrading TV

profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Downgrading TV

My wife's kd 55xd80005 2016 was recently upgraded to oreo 8.she finds its buggy and wants to go back to 7 

My kd55850c is still running 7 and is rock solid  Is it possible to put the previous version on a USB stick and go back? 

Jeffrey Cooper
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
eamonnb65
Explorer

Hi Jeff,

I've got exactly the same problems you're describing. Oreo has made my Bravia almost unusable for streaming content. Very annoying as that's the only thing I use it for - I never watch broadcast TV!

Having looked into it, I'm sure your diagnosis is correct - there's a bug in the network stack somewhere which is causing network dropouts. Neither VLC, Plex nor Kodi can cope with such a crappy network connection and Youtube has become practically unusable. I'd love to downgrade to 7.

You mentioned raising a support ticket with Sony. Have you done this yet? I'd be happy to add my list of issues to yours if you've not got round to doing this yet. 

All the best,

Eamonn

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It was one year ago that post and three more version of the software were released. Do you have the latest?

profile.country.GB.title
eamonnb65
Explorer

Hi there.

Yes, I have the latest. However, the behaviour I’m seeing is identical to that reported by the original poster. Network streaming performance has been severely damaged, having been perfect and rock-solid before the update. 

I never watch broadcast tv services - I only use the tv for local streaming and YouTube, so this upgrade has made my tv effectively useless. 

I’ve submitted a support ticket to Sony. I will post their response if it arrives. 

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

who is your ISP .I had streaming issues after update plus network dropouts..I'm with sky my father is with sky and my work mate with sky we all had the same issue so we all disabled ipv6 and now all our issues have gone

profile.country.GB.title
eamonnb65
Explorer

That’s very interesting! I’m with sky as well - just their fibre broadband, with no tv. I’ll definitely look into the ipv6 thing - thanks very much for the tip. 

All the best. 

E