Join now - be part of our community!

Google Play/Sony Select 4K movie offer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
webby73
Explorer

Google Play/Sony Select 4K movie offer

Has anyone managed to redeem this offer? Shows up on the Sony Select app, which tells you to open up the Google Play TV & Movies app to redeem it, but the offer isn't there. Are we waiting for an update for the TV for this to work? I have a 49XE8004.

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.GB.title
RustyIngles
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue. Bought my and setup today, but even though online it says about the offer, I see no way of redeeming it. There is no 4k option in Google play. 

profile.country.GB.title
rickybacon1965
Explorer

Me too 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @rickybacon1965 and @RustyIngles :slight_smile:

Have you let the Tv's perform updates since you purchased them?

profile.country.GB.title
First_Knight

Hi jumpsuit (Expert),

I got my ‘Free 4k Movie’.

It was not that easy.

I had to phone Sony (who answer from Egypt!!!)

They said:

You need to give ‘us' (Sony or Google????) your ‘payment details’.

Then, back on the TV it was:

Open Google Play Movies.

Find one of the movies that are supposedly ‘free’ (from a TINY list), that you want to get (for free).

On the screen that comes up, with the synopsis of that movie you selected, choose the virtual button where you can ‘usually’ choose to ‘PAY' for a movie.

On the next screen you will see a reference to the 4K version (if there is one - there ought to be as the list of ‘free’ movies is so small!!) above the HD and SD versions. The prices shown will depend on the movie you selected.

The 4k version SHOULD have its’ price crossed out, with ‘£0.00’ next to it.

If that is your choice of movie, then select it.

It SHOULD be added in a few seconds, to somewhere within all the ‘tiles’ either on your TV Home Screen, or within the ‘Tiles’ that appear after opening Google Play Movies.

It should have been obvious (no idea why I did not realise) that ‘free’ does not exist, and in the case of this ‘offer’, since this is what uk customers usually have to do to get something ‘free’ (give payment details).

Any other reason for not getting your ‘free’ 4k movie is not something I can help with.

Also, updating my TV caused the 'Google Offer’ to change to TWO movies, but I still only got ONE.

First Knight
profile.country.GB.title
RustyIngles
Explorer

The TV is running the latest updates. Still no 4K movie for me unfortunately

profile.country.GB.title
prestapost
New

If you are using a Google Suite (non-gmail.com) address, Google seems to have stopped allowing codes or promotions.  If you are using a gmail.com account, it's probably not related.  Here's a thread with the GSuite problem.  It's not only Sony TV promotions affected:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/jx5R43sx25U

profile.country.GB.title
sasadeg40
New

Hi

I have the same problem. I bought a new bravia and managed to get one movie redeemed, however it say you are entitled to two movies. The offer disappeared which is very disappointing

profile.country.GB.title
rob2018
Explorer

The offer appeared ok for me for my XE9005 but once I redeemed one movie the offer disappeared. Sony support were useless but Google support confirmed I should have two movies and re-added the offer for me to pick the second movie. The offer was clearly displayed on my invoice for the first movie so it was clear to Google support what was included.  

profile.country.GB.title
RustyIngles
Explorer

How did you find the offer? I can't see anything in the left side menu
showing the "4K UHD Movie" as shown in the promo on the Android TV home
page?
profile.country.GB.title
rob2018
Explorer

Nothing special i’m afraid in my case - for me the offer was there on the left side of the Google app on the TV. It also displayed when i logged into the Google Play store online. Can only assume when I logged into my TV with my Google account it registered the offer at that point.