Join now - be part of our community!

Google Play/Sony Select 4K movie offer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
webby73
Explorer

Google Play/Sony Select 4K movie offer

Has anyone managed to redeem this offer? Shows up on the Sony Select app, which tells you to open up the Google Play TV & Movies app to redeem it, but the offer isn't there. Are we waiting for an update for the TV for this to work? I have a 49XE8004.

64 REPLIES 64
johnnny7802
Explorer

dont give them your credit card i just did and it wasnt free at all 

they charged me 9 bucks 

google play is a scam

profile.country.GB.title
Airy1960
Explorer

Johnny7802 just to let you know that the offer isn't a scam it just doesn't work as well as it should. Please see post by myself and Almou_10 in July. As you have been charged in dollars you will need your local Sony customer care to deal with this. Google will refund your money as this happened to me. I got my 2 free 4k movies.

Glen7bit
Explorer

Hello I have the same problem I need this offer 🤗 when free things come from sony I love it

profile.country.GB.title
annelaro
Explorer

I am having the same exact problem.. bought my SONY tv Saturday, registered it, etc and the offer is still not showing up.

profile.country.GB.title
dtoneilluk
Explorer

I have tried a dozen times to redeem these movies, every time they ask for your credit card details !!

Scam !

Load of crap, I have the KDL49XF75 so if anyone has answers, I'm listening.

mugsmugs
New

What was the solution? I just bought a new 65" Sony tv and it says that I can redeem two 4k movies for free, but when I try to purchase them (assuming I will redeem the coupons at the end), I am getting an error?

profile.country.GB.title
Airy1960
Explorer

Hi

I got my 2 free 4k movies eventually by phoning Sony UK customer care on 02073652810 (see post in July). Your issue may be different as you are getting an error. What is the error message or code? You will need this to tell Sony customer care. 

Regards

Airy1960

profile.country.GB.title
dtoneilluk
Explorer

Phoned the number and was told I need to register a payment method ! Was not happy about that, but did so anyway. Tried two days later to get my FREE 4K movie but they still wanted to charge me !

Still think it a scam and Sony should sort this mess out !

profile.country.GB.title
Airy1960
Explorer

Hi
Did you read the post from July explaining that Sony gave me a redemption
code to claim mine, you will obviously need two. It is the only way I have
found to redeem the 4k movies. I already had a Google account but having a
redemption code will not charge you.

Regards
Airy1960
profile.country.GB.title
Mitchflorida
Explorer

You can only choose from about 25 movies listed on the top row.  You have to click the buy button.  It should say then that the  movie is for free.  You then type in your google password and click purchase.  There is no charge and it will tell you so before you click purchase.