Join now - be part of our community!

Google Play/Sony Select 4K movie offer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
webby73
Explorer

Google Play/Sony Select 4K movie offer

Has anyone managed to redeem this offer? Shows up on the Sony Select app, which tells you to open up the Google Play TV & Movies app to redeem it, but the offer isn't there. Are we waiting for an update for the TV for this to work? I have a 49XE8004.

64 REPLIES 64
Sn0man
New

Thanks - this worked for me.

It's pretty insidious of Google to offer the two free movies then provide no guidance on how to do so without getting charged for renting a movie you most likely never would have otherwise. I wonder how many people they've scammed this way.

AndyD219
Explorer

I have the same problem 2 free films with your new TV. Tried emptying cache in Google play movies / tv app as suggested by someone and now I have lost my 2 free film promotion which we could not obtain over christmas plus unable to rent or purchase any movie via Google play.

Feel a bit disappointed especially when you pay almost 1K for a new TV. TV purchased in December 2018.

Any help would be great.

profile.country.GB.title
dtoneilluk
Explorer

You have to register a payment method, no way out of that I am afraid. Onceyou have done that, ring Sony and they will take you through the steps to get your films.Once you have the films, you can cancel your payment method and watch the filmsanytime you wish, hope this helps. Denis O'Neill
AndyD219
Explorer

Thank you Denis

profile.country.GB.title
michaelsage
New

It worked!!!! Thank you so much from Canada!