3. Current time

4. Current show name

5. Current show start time

6. Current show end time

7. Current show progress

8. Next show name

9. Next show start time

10. Next show end time

11. Shorcut to details about the show - long description, cast etc...

Even after an year with my TV, I still cannot believe that info banner is so concise and that 7,8,9,10,11 from above list are missing. I still think there is a setup I overlooked or similar, that will provide this basic info. 

I'm aware that with several button press I can get additional info, with next show, but it is pretty unconvinient. Even harder with the touch remote. 

The info banner, should be easily accessible and with single button, to see all the info. 

In addition, another standard feature is missing, this is a vertical marker line in the EPG, that will indicate current time, thus showing progress of all displayed channels.

I consider this so basic, that I still cannot believe this is missing and update after update it is not improving at all. 

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

Sorry for being anxious in my answer, but it is not pleasant to move a focus from a problem by presenting a solution that is actually not a solution. Anyway, your efforts in helping people in this forum are OK. Many people prefer to ask before trying to explore all possible variants. 

What make me angry, was how you put that there is alternative info panel that can suit better the job: "this is not the real info pannel" implies that I don't know how to describe an issue and how to name different components. 

I know that probably most of the participants do not work at Sony except Quinnicus, who has better connections, deeper at Sony support than most of us. Probably contacting Sony for this should be the right approach, but checking all "success" stories, makes me think it is useless.

This is a design problem and even it could be a design problem of AndroidTV itself, not in conrol by Sony. Anyway, I hope responsible people to read forums like this and make better design descisions in future. I see many of the flows with my Bravia AndroidTV in different brands, other than Sony, so some problems should go to Google as well. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi again

English in not my language.

Some expressions used in my language have a different meaning in English. Maybe the "not the real info" should be the "the expected info" or the "the main info". But this is not the case.. The problem is that, if we are used in a different way of information from previous TV sets or TV boxes, it is difficult to accept some other things. What I mean is, that me also had a 40 euros cheap DVB-T receiver in the past and everything was perfect on this. Info, settings, channels managing, recordings. Now on my 1500 euro TV they are missing. I try to get used to this every day passing by and also wait for improvements from Sony programmers.

And I have been more anxious in my questions and answer in the past. Then I saw that there are many people in forum that spend too much of their time in helping others and this is really very great and commendable (hope this is the right word).

Just contact Sony and insist. This is what I do every few months and ........ they promise they will fix:smileylaugh: