Join now - be part of our community!

Kd-43xe8004 replacement worse than original

profile.country.GB.title
phturne39
Explorer

Kd-43xe8004 replacement worse than original

Hey, I'm looking for advice, last year I bought this TV from Amazon, was very happy with it until I noticed a dead pixel/oddity with the panel, now I phoned Sony and they decided to send me a refurbished replacement, I reluctantly agreed, but annoyed that it was a refurb.

No the new/refurbished TV arrived yesterday and this TV is worse than the one I sent back! Two dead pixels in the top right and 5 strange marks midleft of the screen, obviously I called Sony and they want to send another refurbished TV to me, I'm very disappointed with the lack of quality control and asked for a brand new boxed replacement but they refuse! What's my rights here, please help.

Update, Sony has now sent me a text to say the TV is going to a repair centre! Can they repair dead pixels or do they replace the screen altogether? Surely this isn't cost effective!?

If this isn't sorted after this repair I will be getting a refund through my credit card company!

20180116_101125.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi phturne39,

We'd recommend getting in touch with Sony Support for more advice.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
phturne39
Explorer

Seems now I have an email saying that a professional Sony technician will be swapping the TV for an "as new" factory refurbished TV, he will set it up with me and let me inspect it! Hope it doesn't have the problems this TV has, I have also noticed 4 vertical banding issues In this screen that my original didn't have, I still can't believe this was sent out as a replacement, absolutely disgusting it got through quality control.

I'm not holding my breath for the replacement and if it's of a similar standard of this replacement I will be phoning my credit card company to get a full refund on this, as I feel all avenues have been exhausted, I have been very patient, but it's starting to stress me out beyond belief!

So here's hoping Sony do well this time else I'll be buying a different brand from now on.

Very disappointed customer here.

profile.country.GB.title
phturne39
Explorer

I'd like to add that this so called 'refurbished' TV that was sent to me has another fault, the screen has a float between the bezel down the right hand side so you can actually see the lights that light up the panel, I'm beyond disgusted that this was sent to me.

I'm having a 'highly skilled sony technician' sent with a new screen that they say has been looked over and is fine, I'm not holding my breath, if there is 1 dead pixel, any vertical or horizontal banding, excessive light bleed or a screen that's not right to the bezel I'm going to be very very angry, this has been nothing but a nightmare, If I'm not 100% happy with the screen I'll be getting a refund through my credit card.

profile.country.GB.title
phturne39
Explorer

3rd TV now just delivered, although it has no vertical banding it has lots of dead pixels again, what am I supposed to do? I'm at my wit's end!20180130_120628.jpg