Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49x8305C restart loop after FW update

profile.country.GB.title
geynis
Explorer

KD-49x8305C restart loop after FW update

Hi,

My TV is in constant retart loop, it's getting to the android loading logo (the mooving colored circles) and then restart. I have tried the factory reset, it doesn't work, the led is turning green and restart and going to the same loop.

I have the FW file from sony web site, how can I flush the TV? I don't see anyway to get it to some bootloader menu like an Android phone.

This all started after the latest auto FW update.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

hiya try holding down volume- , and power button on back of tv whilst putting plug back in socket ,keep hold until led on bottom of tv turns green,   the tv will go into recovery mode, factory reset itself, and should boot up 

profile.country.GB.title
geynis
Explorer

Thanks for your comment, but as I said, I already did the factory reset action as you suggested and it doens't work.

I'm looking for a way to flush the firmware externaly with a new image, does someone know how? or any other way to fix it?

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

edit try this ... download latest firmware for your tv onto a usb stick ,plug usb stick in port then  press the TV button with the Power and VolUme -, IT SHOULD UPDATE FROM USB with green led flashing 

profile.country.GB.title
geynis
Explorer

Seems like the update went wrong, this FW update was suppose to upgrade the Android OS keeping all the data. clearly it faild and somthing went worng. If i can flush the FW externaly and wipe all the data It should be fine.

I had bought this TV from Amazon.co.uk delivered to Israel. So Sony UK support sends me to the official importer of Sony in Israel, and here they say they don't know ho to help with a model from the UK. So I'm in a deadlock.

The only option seems like to open it and try flushing the memory trough JTAG.

Next time I'll not buy a Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
geynis
Explorer

saw your edit, I tried it already, thanks

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

cant you send it back? , i know you cant use uk models in other countries because tv is region locked, and you cant root sony tv because they have locked down the system 

profile.country.GB.title
geynis
Explorer

I have the TV for 2.5 years already so I don't have warranty, else I could send it back. :sweat: