Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8307C won't power on

profile.country.GB.title
drewsesco
Explorer

KD-49X8307C won't power on

Hi

We purchased a Sony KD-49X830C in June last year (So we're just over a week out of the 1 year guarantee period). Today I came home to find the red LED blinking continuously (The TV had been left in standby mode). I tried power-cycling the TV (Un plugged from the wall for ~2 mins, plugged back in directly into the wall, not via a buzz bar / multi gang socket, as advised), now the white power LED lights up, then fades, then goes out over roughly 10 seconds when we try to turn the TV on.

Has anyone experienced a simmilar problem / have a possible solution to this problem? The TV has been great up to this point, really disappointed if this is a hardware issue, considering the Samsung that it was bought to replace is still going strong after 10 years...

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Two red blinking TVs within a couple of hours.  Im referring to this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/49x8005c-automatic-update-failed/td-p/2348571

Can you tell me how many times the red light blinks?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
drewsesco
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for your reply. Initially (Before power cycling the TV) the red light was flashing constantly - I came home to find it in this state (The TV had been left on standby, so it seems something happend whilst I was away). After going through the unplug for 2 mins, plug back in cycle the red light no longer flashes on power up, the white LED strip beneath the "SONY" logo lights, then dims, then goes out.

I tried the forced factory reset described in the link in your reply last night, unfortunately this didn't work (There was no response from the TV i.e. it didn't power up, the LED didn't turn green).

Could this be linked to the updated firmware roll out? I'm fairly certain I'd set the TV to receive / install updates automatically.

Thanks again for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Could it be related to FW update - I doubt it, but there is always a possibility that you cannot rule it out.  Either way, you will need to contact a local authorised Sony Repair centre to get this fixed.

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Applesauce
Explorer

Hi 

Did you ever manage to find a resolution to this problem, as my TV of the same model has the same issue?

Thanks