Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XD7005 Audio language issues when connected to Internet

SOLVED
gamezer0
New

KD-49XD7005 Audio language issues when connected to Internet

I recently got the Sony Bravia KD-49XD7005, and while I'm super happy with the quality of image and other features, I found a quite annoying issue: most of the time, I'm unable to change the audio language (the audio selection menu doesn't show), by pressing the "Audio" button in the controller, or via the top menu, but only if it's connected to the internet (I tried both with WiFi and Ethernet). If I disconnect it from the network, everything works fine, and in fact the TV menus seem more responsive in general.

Is this some factory issue of my unit, or is it a software problem that will get fixed?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Try disabling Interactive TV Services and Reboot.

You can also change your Default Audio and Subtitles settings:

Goto Settings - Channel Setup - Digital Setup - Audio setup

Goto Settings - Channel Setup - Digital Setup - Subtitle Setup

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Try disabling Interactive TV Services and Reboot.

You can also change your Default Audio and Subtitles settings:

Goto Settings - Channel Setup - Digital Setup - Audio setup

Goto Settings - Channel Setup - Digital Setup - Subtitle Setup

gamezer0
New

Disabling "Interactive TV Services" worked! I could be connected to the Internet and change the Audio at the same time.

Any idea why that fixed it? What are those "Interactive TV Services"? I can still use the "Guide" button.

Either case, I'm exchanging the TV for a new one. I called Sony Support yesterday and after running some tests they told me the TV had some problem and they could send someone to repair it. However, since it's so new, I could get it exchanged in the website I bought it from, and I already ordered it.

Thanks!!

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @gamezer0

Happy you solved this.

I don't know why this could happen.

I have checked on my satellite channels that work OK and without this issue.

Could be your channels provider issue in combination with a TV software bug cause I have seen major changes in Interactive TV Services on latest firmwares.

I don't believe that an exchange could solve this.

In any case an exchange is the best you can do.

Cheers

gamezer0
New

Yeah, I also don't think the exchange will really help, but I already ordered it. Also, the TV has some backlight bleeding, which I think it's within the normality, but might get more lucky with the replacement...

Thanks for your help!

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@gamezer0

You 're welcome.

Backlight bleeding is a serious issue. Could become worse later and then of course difficult to exchange.

Cheers