Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XD8005 - logged off and lost "Add Account" option

SOLVED
profile.country.HR.title
Br4jK4
Explorer

KD-49XD8005 - logged off and lost "Add Account" option

Hi all.

Today I tried to stream youtube from laptop to my TV and it did not work. Chrome on laptop was showing that it is streaming but nothing was actually streamed on TV.

I checked what is happening and noticed that TV is not logged on Google. When I tried to log in I could not find "add account" option anymore.

Tried to load Google Play Store and it just flashed for a moment and went back to "HOME Menu", then I tried to load video from Youtube app on TV and it is working, but only some random videos because I am not logged in. If I go to any part of Youtube app which need to be logged I get "Sign in,...bla bla", when I click on "SIGN IN" app it just crash back in "HOME Menu".

Called customer service twice. 

1st guy sadly did not know how to log in to google even when all is OK, but he said he will send me e-mail where I can ask more, e-mail never came

2nd guy at least understood what I was talking about, again he said he will send me e-mail to report and again e-mail never came

I have no more ideas except factory reset, but if someone know how to solve that without FR i would be more than happy, I hate to calibrate TV again and I am not sure will it help at all.

TL;DR

I am logged off from google and can not log in back because I do not have option to add account, and nothing which needs google login is not working.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

DJ

p.s. If that matters I am still on Android 7.0, I am using soundbar and do not want to lose that functionality, and that is one of the reasons why they stopped distribution of 8.0 "Oreo", plus it was working fine until today, so that is probably not the problem.

Picture of my settings:

SettingsSettings

As you can see, there is no "+ add account" option anymore under "Accounts".

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Br4jK4,

I see you are comfortable trying your way around. As a last resort, I suggest you proceed step-by-step as follows:

1. Soft Reset
  2. [Initial Setup] selecting DISAGREE option and complete.
  3. Soft Reset
  4. [Initial Setup] selecting AGREE option and complete.
  5. Check to see if you have the option under [HOME] > [Settings] > [Add account].

If that doesn't clear out the error, then I'm afraid the only option left for you is to perform the FDR this weekend.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Br4jK4,

Thanks for your good description and including a screenshot. Have you already tried to soft reset (power cycle) the TV? You can find instructions on how to properly soft reset on this article. That just might clear out the problem.

If not, try logging into the TV Google account on your laptop. Check to see if Google has not blocked the account due to suspicious login activity from an unknown location. This often happens when you attempt to login to your Google account using VPN services.

If you have verified the account to be fine. Then you simply can launch the initial setup process from:

[HOME] > [Settings] > [Initial setup].

That should clear out any corrupt cache data and fix the problem without the need for a Factory Data Reset.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.HR.title
Br4jK4
Explorer

Hi @dutchice 

Thank you for your answer.

I did tried soft reset several times, from settings and by holding power button on remote. Nothing changed.

I did check my google acc, it is OK, working and nothing suspicious, also I have other google accounts, my wife have one too, but I can not use any of them on TV because I have no option to add new one. 

I am not using VPN of any kind.

I did try initial setup, but option to add account is not appearing, unfortunately.

In Initial setup I have: Network - Privacy Policy - Satellite Autotunig - Broadcast type to automatically search for services (digital/analogue) - TV positioning - Remote start. And after that setup is completed. Still no option to add account after finishing.

I even cleared cache and data in all apps where I had option to do that, also no avail. 

I am really confused here. 

Thank you again for taking time to look into my problem and answering.

All the best,

DJ

p.s.

Now comes to my mind that I was even deleted TV from devices in google acc. expecting that will help by resetting something or whatever. Nope. I have Chromecast and NVidia Shield on that acc and they are working fine.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Br4jK4,

Thanks for your quick response. I suggest you select the DISAGREE option at the first step [Privacy Policy] of the Initial setup process. Then continue to finish the process. Technically by doing that the TV will automatically disassociate all your TV services from the previously registered Google account. After this, it is a good idea to perform a soft reset again.

You then can open any of the apps by Google services (e.g. YouTube, Google Play Store, etc.) and you will be automatically redirected to accept the Privacy Policy and registering a Google account.

If that still does not solve your problem, I'm afraid the only option for correcting the fault would be to perform a Factory Data Reset. You can find instructions on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on your TV on this article.

Keep us posted as always!

Cheers,

Dutchice

IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you perform a factory reset, all of the TV's data and settings (Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed applications, etc.) will be erased, and the TV will return to how it was at the time of purchase.

profile.country.HR.title
Br4jK4
Explorer

Thanks @dutchice 

Tried with DISAGREE followed with soft reset and nothing happened.

One thing I have noticed though. 

When I go to Settings - Apps - Google Sign In it blinked me "Force stop" for a split of second and then disappeared. After that I have Disable as 1st option, already cleared data and cache there. 

Then I Disabled it - Soft Reset and force stop is here again. Then Enabled it - Soft Reset, Force Stop is still here but I still have no option to add account and when I try to Log In via Youtube app it crash like I described in my 1st post.

It seems like "Google Sign In" app is corrupted/not loaded or something like that (Version 1.0, I hope that is right version). EDIT: Force stop dissapeared after 2nd soft reset again

I wonder is there any way to find that app and sideload to try that way 1st ? I have ESFile Explorer.

If not then Factory Reset is my last resort, with hope that it will help, but that I will leave for the weekend. I don't have time now to do whole calibration again.

Hm, I am trying all what comes to my mind here before posting, to have less posts, and now I noticed that my Google Home app on my mobile can work only with Chromecast, it was working with TV and Shield before. I can see all devices in app, but I can only communicate with Chromecast. TV and Shield I can not move or communicate.  I am not sure if that matters for my problem, but it is strange for sure. 

Best regards,

DJ

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Br4jK4,

I see you are comfortable trying your way around. As a last resort, I suggest you proceed step-by-step as follows:

1. Soft Reset
  2. [Initial Setup] selecting DISAGREE option and complete.
  3. Soft Reset
  4. [Initial Setup] selecting AGREE option and complete.
  5. Check to see if you have the option under [HOME] > [Settings] > [Add account].

If that doesn't clear out the error, then I'm afraid the only option left for you is to perform the FDR this weekend.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.HR.title
Br4jK4
Explorer

@dutchice I did not have time this weekend, and I have Shield, so it is not big priority for me right now. 

I will accept your last post as a solution, because I don't see other way. If that don't help then service is my only option. 

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

DJ