Join now - be part of our community!

kd-55x8509c black strip at the bottom of the screen while playing Netflix or Youtube

profile.country.GB.title
spectrosphere
New

kd-55x8509c black strip at the bottom of the screen while playing Netflix or Youtube

Hi there,

bit of problem since last software update on kd-55x8509c

anyone have similar problem while playing Netflix or youtube content?

FullSizeRender.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @spectrosphere and welcome to the community,

Can you please try rebooting your TV?  If this doesn’t help, next step is to stop the app, clear the cache and check if the app is up to date.

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
spectrosphere
New

all do respect but I wouldn't post here if the solution of this problem would be as simple as reboot or app update, don't you think? 

profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

Hi,

I've been having the same issue, I've contacted support and after going through a load of stupid and pointless steps, they have said this moring "We can confirm that your case has been escalated for further investigation and you will be updated within 24 working hours."

I'm a stoborn bugger so will be riding them on this, I've found seveal threds on this so I'll try and keep people updated on all the threads as to what responce I get.

profile.country.GB.title
spectrosphere
New

Good Stuff! thanks man!

Hi,

I know it's silly and you may have done it, but it worked for me: unplug your TV for a few minutes (at least 60 seconds from what I read on a forum) and plug it in again.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@HubertBonisseur wrote:

I know it's silly and you may have done it, but it worked for me: unplug your TV for a few minutes (at least 60 seconds from what I read on a forum) and plug it in again.

It isn't that silly. Sometimes, when the Bravia Sync stops working, the only way I have to fix it is to unplug the TV's power supply for 10 seconds or so. Just to give it the time to discharge any electrical residue charge. A reboot doesn't always work.

Same thing when Android goes banana because I forgot enabled in X-Plore the thumbnails previews for videos. This should have more to do with the graphics drivers, but who knows..

profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

Nope not silly, always open to suggestions.

To be honest I've tried most things, Soft and hard re-boots, Factory reset, checking for app updates, using my phone as an access point (Sony were clutching at straws...).

And although somtimes the bar isn't there eventyally it comes back.

There are 4 threads going on this forum about this issue and I've found a couple on reddit too so it's clearly a common issue.

So far Sony have been the usuall self and asked the same question many times and not had any real fix/updates.

They will be getting another nudge in a couple of days if I don't get any news.

profile.country.GB.title
BigEnigma
Explorer

Hi

Did anyone get a solution for this? My TV (KD-49X8309C) has just started doing this in NetFlix. I've been plagued with many other issues since the firmware update at the start 2017 with the TV having terrible picture and sound stuttering in Amazon Prime, and using the volume controls causes things to go slugish for a few second. Not to mention the TV turning itself on all the time after pushing the power button on the remote. Also had the flickering dark pixels in Netfilx and Amazon where some set of dark pixels turn white and you get an odd shimmering effect. Sony Customer service were useless in assisting and left me with what I consider a broken TV and now this starts up too.

They should have offered a replacement TV for those effected by what is clearly defficient hardware.

Tony

profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

Hi,

I'm still on to support and in fact sent another email this afternoon.

I have had replies and apparently they are looking into it (Taking that with a pinch of salt).

But I have all of the same issues that you mention, if you email them as well it might add a bit of pressure.

customersupport.en@eu.sony.com

I have a couple more trick up my sleave that I'll start using soon if I don't get any luck.