Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XF8577 Recent difficulties in access to Terrestrial TV from Home menu?

profile.country.GB.title
Barrie67

KD49XF8577 Recent difficulties in access to Terrestrial TV from Home menu?

I have had only minor locking out problems with the TV since new 12 months ago but in general a switch off/on at the mains has cured it by a semi reboot.

In the past month the Home  screen has changed about 3 times probably due to some Sony update? The changes I could have done without and do not know how to get back to the "old" preferred screen but can live with it after some random button pressing?  However, the main issue is the tv occasionally locks out of the terrestrial tv channel if you press a button. Also I cannot sometimes access the terrestrial channels from the Home button it just seems again to lock up but I can access other streaming channels such as Netflix. Just a mains switch off does not cure it and had to go back to a factory reset to remove the problem. This is an obvious pain. 

Question is is it me or is there a fault on the tv? Can you revert and fix to a previous software version? Any help or advice would be appreciated?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member can help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Barrie67

As an update, I contacted Sony's technical team who remotely accessed my TV with my permission (I didn't know they could do that) and they disabled some of the features. Not sure which ones which could have been useful? The TV seems now to be somewhat better but still get the odd gliche of the TV dropping out of the programme or station we were watching and randomly replacing it with another.