Join now - be part of our community!

KD55 XE9005 Several issues since upgrade to 6.6545 -No ethernet connectivity, bad reception quality

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

KD55 XE9005 Several issues since upgrade to 6.6545 -No ethernet connectivity, bad reception quality

Note: Additions added in an editing step are set in blue italics.

Last week, our TV prompted us to allow a firmware upgrade to 6.6545.0255EU. Bad move.

a) Since then, the reception quality via DVB-C has degraded to inacceptability on several, but not all programs. At the same time, it is hardly possible to select a different signal source, it looks like the CPU is occupied completely by attempting to correct the image. If there is a longer still image scene in the program, the image improves but breaks at the next content change

b) The hitherto flawless Ethernet connection (via LAN) is not possible any longer - A static IP address that I enter is not stored, instead, the TV attempts (and obviously memorizes) a different one all the time (programmed: 192.168.1.128 - the connectivity check - that fails then - says it looks at 192.168.1.49. Not surprising that one fails since it is used by a different network client. Several attempts to store a different static IP failed too. Same for DHCP.

I can choose here from several gateways - from 100 to 250 Mb/s. None works.
During the initial setup after the update I clicked off the privacy-touching entries - is this behaviour the fine now? :wink:

What do you folks recommend? I am in the lucky position that we can receive TV also via satellite - and that works flawless. But then, every minute or so, a banner appears telling us that there is not Ethernet connectivity.

Not what Sony was once famous for, Mr. Morita, Sony's founder, rotates in his tomb, I guess.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Cheers from the shores of the Baltic Ocean!

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Chattermark

Have you been in touch with Sony Support about this? They could be you best option for getting it fixed.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

Hi Mick, not yet.

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

Me again. The reception quality seems to be a problem on the source side (cable provider), a further scan did not bring any progress. As I got a new DVR yesterday hanging on the same DVB-C cable, I cound find out that that device shows the same channels as compromised. 

But apart from that,  the ethernet network connectivity problem persists: I can get to the point where I can enter an individual, fixed IP - but can't close that window after entering the device IP. No error message, nothing.

Cheers,

U.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

May you record what you are doing? it should need at least 3 more forms to manually set up the network ... And what happens if you leave it as standard DHCP configuration?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

BTW if you do not accept the google privacy clause you won't connect to internet. ever.

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

That's what I remember from the first setup 2 years ago - and it was absolutely easy. Now, if I get there at all in multiple tries, using DHCP, the TV connects shortly to the net, then disconnects after a second again. Same via WiFi. Reproducible.
But the solution seems to be in your second reply - let's head over there.

Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply!

Cheers,

U.

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

That's what I suspected from the beginning when the sh.. hit the fan...
I tried already to find a menu entry that brings me back to that initial set of questions but did not find any so far. Re-installation of the firmware via USB-stick, or how do I get there? Thanks again for your help!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Reset to factory in the setting->memory menu
profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

OK. Thanks for that. Probably not a bad idea to save the program settings before, right? And can I save and restore the entire configuration (peripherals, audio routing etc.), or does that overwrite the Google policy setting too when restoring, if possible at all?