Join now - be part of our community!

KD55 XE9005 Several issues since upgrade to 6.6545 -No ethernet connectivity, bad reception quality

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

KD55 XE9005 Several issues since upgrade to 6.6545 -No ethernet connectivity, bad reception quality

Note: Additions added in an editing step are set in blue italics.

Last week, our TV prompted us to allow a firmware upgrade to 6.6545.0255EU. Bad move.

a) Since then, the reception quality via DVB-C has degraded to inacceptability on several, but not all programs. At the same time, it is hardly possible to select a different signal source, it looks like the CPU is occupied completely by attempting to correct the image. If there is a longer still image scene in the program, the image improves but breaks at the next content change

b) The hitherto flawless Ethernet connection (via LAN) is not possible any longer - A static IP address that I enter is not stored, instead, the TV attempts (and obviously memorizes) a different one all the time (programmed: 192.168.1.128 - the connectivity check - that fails then - says it looks at 192.168.1.49. Not surprising that one fails since it is used by a different network client. Several attempts to store a different static IP failed too. Same for DHCP.

I can choose here from several gateways - from 100 to 250 Mb/s. None works.
During the initial setup after the update I clicked off the privacy-touching entries - is this behaviour the fine now? :wink:

What do you folks recommend? I am in the lucky position that we can receive TV also via satellite - and that works flawless. But then, every minute or so, a banner appears telling us that there is not Ethernet connectivity.

Not what Sony was once famous for, Mr. Morita, Sony's founder, rotates in his tomb, I guess.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Cheers from the shores of the Baltic Ocean!

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Dimension is only relevant for recording (> 32gb). Shutdown is a controlled version of disconnecting the tv from power ....same as Shutdown or crash a pc :wink: nonetheless detaching power cam help resetting electronic components 
profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

I'll make the hardcore complete factory reset later on - at the moment, the TV is in ordinary use. Never factory-reset a running system... :slight_smile: Stay tuned.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

yep .. it will be like having bought a new tv :wink:

PS: be aware that it takes time to reset, so don't worry if it seems blocked while doing it... it may be scary :wink:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

BTW where I should send the bill? :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

Sony, department for de-railed firmware upgrades, customer care charity center... :slight_smile: