Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XD7005 Crash and a couple of questions

Dave-M
Explorer

KD55XD7005 Crash and a couple of questions

Hi,

I bought the KD55XD7005BU a couple of days ago and last night it crashed spectacularly.  It was completely unresponsive and had to be powered off at the wall to get it back on.  Before it became completely unresponsive, it flashed up a message that Youview had stopped working and would I like to wait or close.  It would not let me do anything further after that.  It restarted (eventually) and has been OK since, but it got me thinking that i don't really need the freeview services or youview as I have them on a set top box.  

I noticed that there's a connection for a satellite dish, does this work in the UK?  I've hooked up the cable and went into the menus to look for how to swap from youview to satellite, but I can't find anything.  Is it possible to disable youview/freeview completely?

Also, as this is an Android TV, how do I see what apps are running and close the ones I don't need?

Thanks.

Other than what I've mentioned above, it's a lovely TV, very impressed so far :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
Dave-M
Explorer

Forgot to ask if there's any way of turning off the nag screen for the power saving where it says it will turn the tv off after 1 hour.  I found the settings but it only lets you adjust it and not turn it off.  Can it be done, it's quite annoying!

Thanks.