Join now - be part of our community!

KDL- 50W805 constant reboot from startup

profile.country.GB.title
Batemansxxxb
Explorer

KDL- 50W805 constant reboot from startup

Over the last few weeks i've had issues where i've had to reboot by pulling the  power cord,last week was ridiculous,the tv kept flashing the sony logo,then the android symbols,but wouldn't  get past this sequence,so i rang John Lewis to request an engineers visit.

After 2 days wait a guy rang me from Martin Dawes & said he knew the fault & would order a new board,it was only after me commenting that why was i expected to be without a tv until they obtained the part that he said that an engineer would continue to make a visit

So the engineer turned up & attempted a full reset by pressing the power button at the same time as the volume down button on the back of the set,this he did a few times & was about to give up,when the tv performed the reset,it worked fine for a few days,2 days ago it started playing up again,i fixed it by pulling the power cord to reset,this evening it's back to square one,it won't go past the constant reboot

I'm fed up with this tv & don't want the main board replacing,i'm going to my local JL store tomorrow to demand a replacement tv,if that fails i'll email their chairman,why should i put up with a faulty tv (caused by android os) the tv is only 2yrs 6mth old

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, hopefully this article here will be of help. You'll find other topics about rebooting here. And have you reported this to Sony's support team yet? You can do that here. I hope you'll find a solution soon.