Join now - be part of our community!

kdl43w756c Start up issue and behaviour problems

profile.country.GB.title
Tsoomny
Explorer

kdl43w756c Start up issue and behaviour problems

Hi there, 

This morning when I plugged in my TV the Sony and Android start-up messages were on a continual loop. I took to googling the problem whilst it was doing this, and then after about 20 mins it decided to start 🤔

Then I went into the settings menus and the TV was behaving very slow in its responses. All a bit strange. The TV software is up to date. It's been on for about half hour now and it's now

responding promptly as it should do. 

I'm actually afraid to turn the TV off now in case it won't come back on.

Can anyone tell me is this the beginning of the end for my TV? I bought it in roughly the summer of 2014, so would hope to get a good few more years out of it yet! 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Tsoomny,

My suggestion would be to perform a Factory Data Reset now that you have kept it on and it is responding promptly. You can find instructions on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on your TV on this article.

It occurs at times that the software and hardware integration runs into unexpected faults. By performing a Factory Data Reset you ensure that these type of faults are cleared out. In the event that the issue keeps occuring after the Factory Data Reset, then you can be sure that there is a permanent hardware fault which will require a repair service.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you perform a factory reset, all of the TV's data and settings (Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed applications, etc.) will be erased, and the TV will return to how it was at the time of purchase.

profile.country.GB.title
Tsoomny
Explorer

Hi Dutchice, I performed a factory reset but alas the TV still misbehaved this morning. Same thing happened. I am wondering if an app I am trialing is causing it. It's a VPN app. The TV started playing up shortly after I had downloaded the app. I reinstalled the app after my reset. Do you think that deleting it now might help, or would another reset be necessary and then not installing the app? 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Tsoomny,

Thanks for mentioning about the VPN app. It is indeed known that all type of VPN apps will force the TV into a boot-loop when woken up from standby. To fix your issue it will be only enough to uninstall the VPN app. Then power cycle (soft reset) the TV. You can find instructions on how to properly power cycle your TV (soft reset) on this article.

If you still intend to make use of VPN services ensure the service is provided to the TV from external sources on your home network (e.g. router).

Cheers,

Dutchice